IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Glimmer welcome back, as SSm already said, you will be given IV anesthesia at the time of ER and you do not feel anything until you come back to normal from the anesthesia. Once you are awake then you may feel little or severe cramping depends on your body. But you will feel better if you take a pain killer like Tylenol. I woke up with a very heavy cramping but after I took a pill of Tylenol which was given by nurse and after 10 min or so I was feeling ok not that bad cramps. But I took one pill for every 4 hours for one whole day as I had ohss that day.

For ET, you will be awake no anesthesia needed as it is like a simple process which takes 10- 20 mins. You just feel little uncomfortable but not cramping or pains. It is just like Iui, but the difference is in iui doc puts the embryo near to uterus, where in Et it will be placed in the uterus. Here in US you will get a photo copy of your uterus with the embryo in once it is done, which is a cool thing though you do not know anything and can not see as it is a very tiny one, but just a picture.

Good luck with your decision Dear, hope you conceive naturally before that as IVF is a long journey …….

Sasha, HIB2010, SSB, Seshin, Pink Sugar, thanks dear for your wishes. Swati, good luck to you…[/JUSTIFY]

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

BAD nEWs from my end....:drowning
    did hpt in morning, BFN

gave blood yde, Beta hcg 2.5 only which is very low.. :helpGiven that all my factors r 'good' Dr was expecting atleast 15-25.I generally hve good follicles, good endo lining and decent flow t uterus

he has asked me to continue medicines and do 2nd beta on Sat...he said to my DH that there r chances of moving up...i dunno how it will increase by 10 times :rant

needless to say, me and DH had a bad time at home. I dont recollect seeing him cry in the 8yrs i have known him....hav to be strong for his sake. we were suddenly missing our families, but good they are not around to see 30+yr olds cry...:bowdown

Swatir, now i know how u guys must have felt in SJ's clinic (i had read ur post). only thing our discussion 2de was on phone

on last trip I overheard my Dr tell Dr Usha, his colleageu, that i had 4 good grade 1 embroys that went 'in' ...wonder what happened to them midway...unfortunately we dont have any left for FET too....:bang

felt really angry with God, didnt feel like doing any prayers...i know he is up there playing games with us...:idontgetit: on top of it, everyday there is some or the other news of baby girls/ feotuses dumped in daily newspapers

only solace is i know, Dr SJ will do all due dieligence and tests like your case before going for next IVF.

I need all the strength to tell my Mom about this.

3. Shanmukhabhavan

[JUSTIFY]
    Thank You so much Reynu dear for your wishes and sharing your experience. That was good to know that it is quite common having severe constipation. Hope you and lo are doing great. You take care and Lo as well…. good luck on your safe delivery….

Divya, Vidya, Bhanushanti and Swati dears!

I too have heard positive things about the dr.Malpani, Mumbai. Even here in US dr.Malpani seems to be very familiar, and people refer their website for any concerns about ivf. You can go through other American forums where people there talk about that and few Americans/foreigners had ivf done there. Good luck with your decision.

But also there are bad reviews too, perhaps check this out for an idea…

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/personal-services/99240-dr-malpani.html
    [/JUSTIFY]

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhavani,

dont get stressed reading my count...each person has different exp...

for constipation, you can try to include more fluids, more fibre food like moong, matki, spinach
    along with juices, you can try soups, buttermilk, yoghurt for better mix of nutrients

avoid stuff like bread, biscuits (not much), parathas as they may lead to constipation

also after meals u can take lukewarm water instead of regular water

if u have franch oil, you can apply on ur belly button area for relief for severe constipation

wish u tons and tons of luck sweetheart..!

Swatir, i havent contacted Malpani, but an ILIte CJ1980 / Carol had contacted him with her case papers
    she is now expecting.

5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi SSM,
    Very sad to know ur updates.......
    i know how it feels and no word can console you.......i had cried like hell ..i cried second time in my life like this first was when i lost my father.......and still i feel very bad by remebering all the pain i went through and thinking it wasted.:rant

yes today i had tears in my eyes when i red one doctor in beed district in maharastra aborted 4000 babay gal till date...i asked to god why we r not getting a sigle baby and people like them r getting it.:hide:

SSm,now u need to be strong and patient as dr Sj has detailed investigation plan and he will not proceed by any other way....genrally he says 3-4 months for investigation and in my case its getting double....also dont control ur tears cry as much as u feel .

Yes ,i also feel not to offer any praying ,remember u had asked me for Grbalaxmi ghee and i said i dont feel to any such thing now.i have seen many ladies taking treatment and conceving sooner or later but feels why my battle is not ending....from long time...:rant:spin

6. Shanmukhabhavan

Hugssss... my dear Ssm. I can not tell anything else other than that I am here for you and have my shoulder for you to cry on if you want to. Please do not feel down dear, I know it is very much difficult but as you said for the sake of you hubby. May be god has something good in store for you.

I can not stop myself appreciate you to be so kind to me to give moral support and saying positive things and boosting me up even though you are in so much of in great sadness.

Thanks dear for your advises, I will include those too which I missed. Please take care and try to come back to normal as soon as you can. May be go for outing dear, that might help you change the atmosphere between you both.

I am so so sorry and a big hug to you... hope you have strength to handle mom's emotional situation. you both take care dear.

7. vidyashankari

vidyashankari Platinum IL'ite

hai ssm

really feeling very very bad for u.

i can undrstnd ur pain as i hav already been through that.for me i had count above 1000 thn aftr one week my Dr was telling me its chemical pregnancy.i cudnt contrl my tears.

i felt the same thing angry towards God,but thn wht to do.

pls dear be strong.ths is all that i can say.just praying pls God listen to our prayers.

8. Shanmukhabhavan

[JUSTIFY]Update:

Nurse called yesterday and told that they could able to freeze 9 embryos. We are happy but only bothers me was I think they could have transferred atleast 2 instead 1 as I have 9 embryos to freeze on the very next day. So that means definitely there must have been more than 1 or atleast 2 were good ones that they could transfer on the transfer day. But doc said there was only one good egg available on the transfer day. But anyhow it only takes one, so hope that this is the one. But the good news is my doc hospital has equal success rate when transfer 1 or 2 but the chances of multiples is 40% more when transfer 2. So hope for the best and praying to get positive news…..fingers crossed. [/JUSTIFY]

9. sashacurios

sashacurios Silver IL'ite

Hi ssm... Wish i had words to console you... but never loose hope dear... keep the faith... things might improve else the doc would't have called for a second beta.. Sometimes i too really feel like God is busy with other stuffs that we go unnoticed... But lets dont loose our hope and continue our prayers for one day we'll be blessed and that day might be near for us too...

Hi bhavani... dont worry dear... Since its a 5 day transfer i have also heard about transferring only one blastocyst embryo. Whatever it is, it only takes one and we sure should have the almighty's blessings... Stay positive and keep those fingers crossed!

Hi glimmer... dont worry during ER you wil be under anesthesia and wont feel a thing... With ET, its same like IUI but more comfortable... i had painful iui but had a smooth ET so dont worry... everything will go fine... just try n relax as much as possible... think of something else( i thought about my unborn babies ;) ) so that you loose the focus form ET and relax... do deep breathing which will help too :)

Hi vidya... Will surely do dear... also as i said before,shortlist some hospitals and check those out yourself... one tip i can give you is... see if you are given a direct long enough talk with your doc... see if you feel secure and confident to start the treatment there!
    do check out bourn hall too... i have also heard some good stories about KJK hospital in tvm... my doc was from the same hospital and she is also heard to be very good(from a few who had their treatment there)... maybe you can check it out if i have success :)

10. glimmer

glimmer Bronze IL'ite

Hi SSM

Dont be upset. I know its easy said than done. We just have to think got has better plans for us. My prayers will be with you. Pull yourself together and get ready to face the next cycle. I pray that we all graduate as 2012 mommies.