IVF Queries and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Sep 9, 2011.

1. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends

Yesterday my injection part completed, today going to take HCG injection, my doctor told to take in the midnight (2:30 am) and within 36 hours, my eggs will be retrived, i mean day after tomorrow my eggs will be retrieved and after three days embryos will be transferred.

I need all your prayers for me to get BFP.

Thanks in advance. :bowdown :bowdown

2. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Suba,:hiya
    ohh in midnight.:hide:..good at least u have hospital near to ur house and i guess it wil be open 24 hr.
    you must had your ultrasoun done na before retriving eggs to see sizes....yes suba you are in my prayers.:bowdown
    may god bless you this time...and give you happy healthy pregancay......:thumbsup

3. subakutty

Thank Swati for your prayers

Yes it will be open 24 hrs. They will do TVS scan before retrieving eggs. Hope god will answer my prayers this time. praying for me as well as all other TTC guys

Only group prayers will get positive results for all. Thank you IL for that.

4. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

suba my prayers for a succesful cycle.sticky baby dust to u dear.

5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies,:hiya
    I have read somewhere that if before ivf we reduce weight then it helps..:idea..though i am not overwigh.. but my tummy has gained lots of fats in this treatments(2-3 people have asked if wther i m pregnant :rant its so heartbreaking:spin ).

right now i am 54kg and 5'3 height.:)

6. rasnakanwar

rasnakanwar New IL'ite

iam too 5'3'' with 57 kgs and my re said its very much ok since it is in very much bmi norms.tummy probs same here, since iam a victim of pcos it is very difficult for me to shed weight and get a nicely toned body.:-((

7. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suba,
    u are into my prayers and sure this time u will get a BFP!

Hi Rasnakanwar,
    I also have added some weight but dont worry it will reduce slowly.

Hi Friends pls help me in taking a decision since I'm confused a lot:

I'm so upset today and cried for the whole day. then I came to IL immediately to make a decision.
    I had an ectopic pregnancy on march and slowly I got recovered. I started trying naturally from this month and its my waiting period. My DH told me we can try naturally for this four months then we can decide something.and the Gynec told me that the other tube was good.

->Do I need to rush up the process since I have only one tube?or I can wait for four months and try naturally

->I thought of doing iui first(bcoz I have one tube) then if it doesnt work then later I can switch to IVF. Is it a good idea?

->I cant make a decision whether to go for natural iui or medicated iui bcoz I ovulate evry month. which one will be helpful for me in my case to get pregnant. Pls help me in taking the decision

8. subakutty

Hi Hopesinbaby

Thank you for your prayers

If your age is over 30, my suggestion is to proceed with natural IUI for at least one cycle and if first failed then go to medicated or injected IUI. if your age is less than 30, you can try naturally for one or two cycles and then proceed with IUI.

Your decision is right, first proceed with IUI for at least 3 or 4 cycles and if failed switch to IVF.

I think you know, we will produce only one or two eggs maximum in either one ovary (left or right) naturally, if on medicated or injected we will produce more than two eggs. my suggestion in your case is to go for medicated cycle as you are having only one tube.

I have just given my suggestion, rest you and your DH want to decide.

Baby dust to you. may god bless you.

9. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subha,
    Heartful wishes and prayers for you to get BFP.
    If your doctor didnot suggest you asprin supplements along with progesterone,hv a word with him.It will highly help for good blood flow to the uterus which helps in healthy implantation.JMO
    Three day transfer is good.
    Sticky baby dust to you.
    Eat healthy.

Hi Swati,rasna,hopesinbaby
    The hormone injections used during the ivf cycle makes our ovaries grow larger in size and so our tummy.That doesnt mean fat accumulation.One can gain 2~3 kgs to the max while on such injections,which is normal.So dont worry.

I was 66kgs during my cycle(5'4" ht).So It depends on the body and doesnot mean if one reduces weight will get pregnant for sure.It's all god's decision and our mind set.

Loads of baby dust to you all.

10. subakutty

Hi babyhopes

How are you? how is your babies doing inside?

Thank you vaasanthi, My doctor told he will give medicines to help in implantation. Anyway will ask about aspirin.