Pcos and prolonged spotting

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hivid, May 30, 2011.

1. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I was detected with PCOS in Jan 2010. I took homeopathy medicine but again got transferred to Hyd so had to discontinue that medicine. Took 2 3 months to settle down here and dint bother about periods irregularity.I got married in Oct. Before marriage I had to literally struggle to ensdure periods doesnot come during wedding date.Then immediately after marriage came to Hyd and started homeopathy medicine from Dr Krishna in Ameerpet. Dec got my periods. Again periods did not come till April even though i was taking homeo medicine. In april took scan but the cysts are NOT there now.April 4 spotting started but actually bleeding started around 10th and was there till 20th. Since April 20th I have been spotting. Till now. Doctor is trying various combination of medicine and she is saying its all related to PCOS syndrome only,. But i am very much worried. has anyone had prolonged spotting/bleeding as a part of pcos.We have decided to try for baby only after this year. but i want this problem to be solved before that. I am sooo worried.
    is there any home remedy to stop this spotting?

2. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

14 views but no reply yet.. :(

3. babyhopes

babyhopes Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I was in your shoes 1.5 yrs bck.I hv PCOS.Once I had prolonged spotting for nearly 15 days and I was just very careless abt that.And finally met a gynec.She prescribed provera tablets for 5 days and the spotting has stopped in 3 days after stopping that tablet.Then I never had spotting after periods.Pls dont worry and add more stress.Be relaxed.Conceiving with PCOS is possible and every 1~2 out of 10 ladies are having PCOS now-a-days.So its normal.Consult with a good gynec.Eat well and You can get pregnant.Tc

4. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vaasanthi

Thanks for giving me courage. Right now i am taking homeopathy medicine . I am confused if i should wait for more time or go to gynae and take some provera

5. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

I went to apollo clinic yesterday to collect blood result to chk my haemoglobin.It is normal.The usual gynaec doctor there is on leave. There was one more gynaecologist. I told her about the spotting for which she started telling me to go for vaginal scan to check if there was abortion.I was stunned. I told her I got my periods and after that I have been spiotting daily so never had an intercourse. She was still insisting to check for abortion. I do not believe people can go to any extent to earn money. Esp doctors whom we trust so much. Then she asked me to go for thyroid test. Last month only I did all tests. I showed her the results. Even then she said its nt from apollo so again go and do.
    I just pray to God that this spotting should stop and periods should become normal. Otherwise these money minded doctors will put us in their trap

6. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi Hivid,

It happened to me 3 yrs back.My periods lasted for 20 days.That time i was unmarried.My gynec gave some pills for 10 days to stop my prolonged periods.
    after that she put me on metformin for 4 months.Since then my periods were regular.but yearly once it will be irregular and again ,my gynec used to put me on metformin.

I would suggest you to take allopathy treatment rather than homeopathy.
    Consider your age and go for the treatments.But it is very important that your periods shud be regular to get pregnancy.

All the very best.

7. Prii1

Prii1 New IL'ite

Hi
    Did u fall pregnant??.. even am facing the exact issue as yours...

8. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi Hivid ,

1. do a study about pcos in google. it will help u to understand what exactly it is.
    2. PCOS is not curable but it can be managed with regular exercise and diet.
    3. it is very difficult to conceive with pcos ,so better plan now or asap. delay may cause various problems
    4. with pcos it is normal to have long periods, u must correct them. (u can check google for the same)
    5. Hospitals ask u for a repeated test because hormone levels keep changing. and for hospitals like apollo, they cant give u treatment based upon the reports taken in some other lab, because wrong dose or prescription may lead to some other side effects, that is the reason y they ask for repeated test. if u do not trust the doctors dont continue ur treatment, it may lead to high stress.
    6. wherever u go for treatment trust ur doctor,dont go with some expectation in mind , then u will be pushed to a false conclusion. each women is different, hence treatment will also be different .explain ur problems to them and let them decide.
    7.PCOS diet are available.. u can try them.
    8.check ur AMH level, insulin level(do GTT test) , HSG (for tubal blocks) SA(for ur husband). these basic test is best to be done before trying to conceive
    9. start taking folic acid, pre-pregnancy vitamin tablets, it will help u.
    10. eat lots of veg and fruits.

any doubts let me know. i am a PCOS struggler too.....