When should i do the pregnancy test.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rashmianant, May 1, 2011.

1. rashmianant

rashmianant New IL'ite

Hi friends,

We are planning for a baby from past 2 months.This month I was expecting my periods on 30th April,but no signs yet.Should i go for a pregnancy test test immediately or should i wait for some more time? Suggest

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Rashmi its ideal to take the test after 45th or 50th day. All the best to you. Baby dust to you.

3. rohini79

rohini79 Senior IL'ite

hi dear....

u should wait for some days at least 7 days to get your test positive...all the best...

rohini

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

If your peridos have always been regular.. then you can check for pregnancy immediately within a day or two of your missed period. To get accurate results, u need to wait for a week. to end all the suspense, better go in for blood test!
    All the best!

5. rashmianant

rashmianant New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Thankyou very much for your valuable suggestions.If at all I plan to go for a test after a week,do i need to take any precautions in between or can i continue my daily routine (food,lifestyle etc) as it is?

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  6. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Continue everything as is .. but take precautions while lifting anything heavy.
    Avoid heat inducing foods.

7. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

You can do the test anyday after the maximum length of your period. Best to be patient and wait till 45 days to be sure of the results.
    So if your maximum period length till now is 42 days, wait a few days beyond that to test to get accurate results.
    There are many people, who tested too early and got disappointed although they are actually pregnant, including me. So don't do the same mistake :)

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Rashmi, as far as food is concerned, its safe to maintain the same. However, if you smoke or take alcohol, I recommend stopping them both.

9. rashmianant

rashmianant New IL'ite

i m experiencing headaches, nausea,frequent urination and burning sensation in my stomach. what can it be?

10. ushas1984

ushas1984 New IL'ite

I think you are pregnant:thumbsup you can do an HPT with early morning urine and confirm the same..all the best and hearty congratulations if you are pregnant dear:cheers