When should i do the pregnancy test.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rashmianant, May 1, 2011.

1. VLR

VLR Silver IL'ite

rashmi

Try to divert your mind.. go for shopping or watch a movie.. You are not going to get anything by staying depressed. your health is only going to get spoilt. I know it is easier said than being done. Trust me.. I have been in your situation.,. in fact I am still waiting for BFP.

Try to stay positive. that is very important in ttc. take care dear. You are going to be soon blessed with a bundle of joy.

BTW Did you get your periods ? If not what did the doctor say?

2. ushas1984

ushas1984 New IL'ite

I second VLR..but better said than done..but i believe you did get a faint positive on UPT..neways cheer up now.

3. rashmianant

rashmianant New IL'ite

i didnt get my periods yet.the doc has asked me to wait for a few days,if no periods then he will give me medicines for it.i have my 4 SILs coming home for vacation tomorrow and just cant expect them to help me in any of my household work,i m working lady,dont know how am i going to tackle everything.i m just not able to find out a way.

4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Rashmi,

Please dont get stressed.I was in your situation till yesterday.my periods delayed for 20 days and obviously i was happy thinking that iam pregnant.But iam not.its just delayed periods.:bonk

Iam on period inducing pills now.

It will happen when you least expect.So please try to divert your mind on cooking or in your office work.

This is the correct time they are coming to your home.You may be busy finding no time to think about your periods.Since you are working, ur SILS may understand your situation and help you.

Dont worry.

Sticky baby dust to you soon.

You are in my prayers .

5. rashmianant

rashmianant New IL'ite

thanx haritha. but they never try to understand anybody's problem,they just increase my stress whenever they come.but i will try to come out of this stuation if i have such good supporters like ILites.

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Rashmi. Sorry to hear about the negative result. Hugs to you.

7. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Did you know..!! How the home pregnancy test works? It detects a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in your urine that appears in a pregnant woman's urine, approximately 20 days after her last menstrual period. The levels then rise rapidly, reaching a peak in the next 60 to 80 days.

Myth Buster: Pregnancy test can be falsely positive? Fact is that, though very rare, this could happen. Especially drugs used for treatment of infertility, including HCG shots might cause the test to be falsely positive. So could an ectopic pregnancy, technically it is a pregnancy.

When did you get your pregnancy test done, after the mis-period or before the mis-period?

Contact your Gynecologist for proper guidance....

8. cmm12

cmm12 Silver IL'ite

Hi mimur9,

My friend has missed her periods..it has been 2 days since she missed it.You have told to take the test after 45th day or 50th day. If so can she travel during this period? Will travellin for long distance impact the resulty in any way?

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ask her to be little cautious during travels. These days you can find high sensitive HPTs, So she can give it a try with early morning urine sample if you wanted to know the results early!

10. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Dear Il'ites, for all those of you who are actively trying to get pregnant and have missed your periods, do read this: A Beginners Guide to the Pregnancy Test Kit. It will answer all your questions regarding testing for pregnancy in the privacy of your home.