PCOS but no other symptoms

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by stuti, Apr 26, 2011.

1. stuti

stuti Junior IL'ite

Hi

My younger sister who got married in 2007 has PCOS since last 15 years.
    She is 30 now and trying to conceive since long time.
    She has got all the tests done form 3 places and all they found was PCOS.
    She is 5'4" and only 51 kgs in weight which is perfect.
    She has very irregular periods which occor 35 days or 45 days or sometimes 60 days.
    She has NO other symptom like Facial hair, abnormal growth or acne etc. NOTHING at ALL.
    So I read in the forums that taking fenugeek seeds and doing Kapal Bharti helps to cure PCOS and also reduces weight.
    But in her case she doesn't want to reduce weight . So Does anyone know what to do. Can she still take fenugeek and do kapal bharti and not lose weight. ??
    So confusing....please help !!

Stuti.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

2. lathavim

lathavim New IL'ite

I don't think she has to reduce weight. 51kgs is normal weight. Has she been on any medication? She has to first check, if she is ovulating or not. Since she is already 30, ask her to check gynco without any delay.

3. coolheart

coolheart New IL'ite

Hi,
    She needs to get advice from a gyno. Dr. will probably give her medicines if there is any hormone issues.
    Fenugreek really worked for me. I am not over weight, actually i had no symptoms other than the ultrasound showing some cysts. But I had a borderline sugar.... I took methi everyday. I was on very low dose metformin too. I have normal sugar level now and I am also pregnant.

Take care.