has any1 got a pcr test of menstrual blood

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kenny, Apr 22, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hey ladies...please help me...i am very scared and very much stressed out...i skipped my periods in march and doctor suspected pregnancy...i was very happy...but unfortunately i stated with my periods on 19th april...The doctor had told me to get a pcr testof the menstrual blood ,if i have my periods....i want to check whether every female is supposed to go through this test before they plan to conceive...im just very scared...the test detects genital tb...and they say it is usually asymotomatic....female doesnt even know whether se has it....
    i am just wishing and praying that i get a normal report..:hide:
    Has any1 gone through this test...and if any1 has got a postive ....what next...can she conceive??is it curable??im very scared...dont know whom to talk to...please guide and help me....

2. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

so may views no reply:(

3. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kenny

There is nothing to worry about pcr test of the menstrual blood. Generally the results are normal for 90 % of women of child bearing age.

For TTC ladies it is one of the advised tests. Be cool. Don't stress out. Even if it is positive- World will not fall apart. It is has medicines and in few months time you will be okay and ready to conceive.
    Stay postive and your result will be sure negative. Relax :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

thanx saras...just wish so...im going to get the report tomorrow...wish al is well..wish God is with me...

5. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

hey got my report of pcr test...thakfully it is negative fr tb...i am soooo relieved...thanx 4 the hope saras:thumbsup wish God is with me and blesses me with a baby soon...just hoping and praying:thumbsup

6. sharon8

sharon8 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    i just want to find out whether lister laboratory does the tb pcr test?

7. Surya04

Surya04 New IL'ite

Good...god bless u...i also need to go through the test. I scared too...can u plz detail me little..hw do they take the test...i mean hw do they collect the blood for the test..

8. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

I will be able to shed some light. In my case, doc asked me to come on day 3 of cycle.. He took a sample...slightly painful procedure. 3days thereafter got the reports. Unfortunately for me it was tb+ve. Had medicines for 6 mths. Finished the course in June.

Hope this input helps

Meera