rupture?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by babydustonme, Mar 15, 2011.

1. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

hi,
    i had a scan on my 16th day and doctor said on rhs i have 3 follicles of 2.4 and 2.1 and 1.6 cm and endometrium is 12 mm since it had nt ruptured she gave me HCG 5000 injection and has also asked me to take progestrone for two weeks i want to know from when should we try for me to concieve and how long does the follicle take to rupture after giving this injection and the egg is a fertilised egg or not why didnt it rupture on its own please help

2. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

Hi babydustonme,

After the HCG shot, the follicles should rupture after 24-36 hours..You can do IC right from the day when shot was given for 3-4 days...

If the sperms are alreday inside your body.. they will fertilize with the egg.. The egg is viable for 24-48 hours inside the body...

Were you on some medications? Generally when you are on medicines.. the follicles don't rupture on their own and a shot has to be given...

3. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

hi,

Will all follicles have matured eggs inside it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2011
  4. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

Hopefully yes... That's why they are called Mature.. Any follicle with size 18mm-22 mm with have a good egg..

Why are you thinking of so many technicalties right now?..

Just go ahead ... ALL the Best:thumbsup

5. babydustonme

babydustonme New IL'ite

then when it had a matured egg why didnt it rupture and will this injection have any side effects

6. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

If you are on medicated cycle.. You might not rupture on your own.. The medicines have that effect that it'll help the follicle grow.

When it reaches an optimum size.. an HCG trigger helps to rupture it.

Does that answer?

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Baby dust on me,
    Thats not true. The follicles that are very big in size won't have good egg to proceed with. Like wise the small follicles are not good to go with.
    Reason for failure of rupture could be many. If you are on medication, the hCG shot dose must have not be on the sufficient level!