Couples facing Sperm Count Problem? Must read this Post.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by uma cheripally, Jan 14, 2011.

1. uma cheripally

uma cheripally New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I almost read each and every post in this forum .I want to give some positive feedback on our infertility problem

We came to know that my husband having a low sperm count problem which is leading to unsuccessful pregnancy.The day we know about it we took an appointment with UROLOGIST.Did all sort of the Lab Tests including Genetic Tests also.All Tests came back normal.Doctor hasnt prescribed any medicine for my husband because he didnot found any problem for his low sperm count

We were completely depressed and spent an unhealthy moody life everyday.We both decided to get rid of this problem very soon and started a new lifestyle.We completely changed the food diet,Excercise,Supplements.Within 3 months we saw tremendous improvement in the sperm count

Important thing to note.If a man has a FSH level more than 10 then this will affect the sperm count.Generally this is a hormone and there are no meds to make the FSH level come down.But though the elevated FSH level causes the sperm count by taking healthy food and supplements we can improve the count.

Our count improved from 1 million to 20 million and We could see the change in motility and morphology also.Today we visited the Doctor and he said total Motile sperm count from 5 million onwards is considered as normal if the lab perform Density Gradient Sperm Wash.Some doctors consider this as 10 milliom.But there are couples who went thru IUI and conceived with 5 million total motile sperm count.So whenever you go for IUI please ask the doctor about the total motile sperm count.

Our Diet is pretty much very simple.We both used to take this Diet
    1 Glass milk
    1 Whole Egg
    After Lunch--> Rice with any curry,sometimes salads,sandwich
    4 different varieties of Fruits---> mostly should contain berries
    5 different types of Dry nuts---> should include Brazil nuts,Walnuts Pumpkin seeds,Sunflower seeds,Almonds,Pista,Cashew etc
    Excercise---> used to burn 250 cals on treadmill
    Dinner --->mostly light food(not rice)
    FetilAid Supplements
    We used to take Non-Veg for proteins.No alcohol.

This lifestyle is very simple to do and within 3 months they will be improvement.One thing is we should forget that we are doing this for TTC.Consider this as a change of Diet then surely our brain also works faster to accomplish our target.

Today both RE and Urologist assured us that we really dont have to go with the IVF/ICSI for now and continue with the IUI(Natural cycle).

This is for the People who think Morphology is bad and not getting pregnant.
    Our Doctor said no ones morphology will be perfect.Even a perfect man can have a morphology defect but he became a father.Anything from 4% is considered as normal.

Even for few ladies when the sperm count is better also they might think that why they couldnt become pregnant.For this i could say matter of time and god blessings.

So ladies dont get pissed off with TTC Troubles and fertility issues.Am sure most awaiting couples will be bless with success in this year 2011.Inlcuding me.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Uma,

This is really useful info... Thank you for sharing. Sure it will be helpful for all TTC friends..

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

1st of all, good luck with your IUI! I am sure you will have great success!

I had pcos, Dh had ok sperm count but 4% morphology. We did an IUI cycle, his total motile sperm count post wash was 5 million 1st day of IUI and 2 million the 2nd day of IUI. Doc told me not to expect to get pregnant on these numbers.

Today though, my 2.5 year old son is living proof that all you need is 1 GOOD SPERM :) .. you can have a high count and still not get pregnant, but have a low count and get pregnant if everything is right!

Good luck to you!!

Aishuvino, afcpreethi and aparnaram like this.
  4. uma cheripally

Yes you are correct PMahensa.

Getting pregnant is like a number game dont know when our number will come.But timing of IUI is most important for success.Usually with IUI though the count is less also success do happen because they will be placed in uterus.
    I myself got pregnant with 1 million sperm count but ended with miscarriage.But i do have that confident that i will become pregnant again with IUI.Please ladies bless me with success this month

5. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

@uma..

Thanks a lot for sharing useful information!!

Sweety.

6. Nid31

Nid31 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Uma,

That surely gives us light... to move forward...

Loads of Baby dust to you...

Nids

7. ilovemyself

ilovemyself New IL'ite

hi OP,

your post was informative.i have one doubt my dh semen count was 16m in first try ,second one increased to 35 m.is is sperm count enough for natural cycle?he drinks oats,and eat dry fruit.is this enough or should ve to add something else?

8. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Thanks a lot for giving such a nice information.me too in the same boat but God has to bless me to get Pregnant.

I'm following ur diet for almost 8 months now.

If my natural try didnt click I should go for iui.

Baby dust to all!

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Uma,
    Good info. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope soon you will be blessed with you LO!
    Baby dust to you!

PS: My hands are pulling me to combine this thread with the home remedies for the sperm count thread! :)

10. uma cheripally

Hi @IloveMyself,
    Your DH count is super good.You dont have to worry about his count but motility is also important for natural try.Because they have to be faster compared to IUI for natural Try.If the motility is above 50% then your DH is fit for getting you pregnant.
    I came to know through my gyneac yesterday.For couples who are good in all terms but still if they didnot conceive may be because of the cervix position.All women may not have same shape of cervix.So based on the cervix position also it may delay the chance of pregnancy.
    IF you can touch your cervix and if you feel little bump then it is better to check with your regular Gyneac about your shape of the Cervix.This is not a major problem but you can position your Intercourse based on the shape.This is what my gyneac told me when she observed mine yesterday.