pcos treatment

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bhanushanti, Jan 13, 2011.

1. bhanushanti

bhanushanti New IL'ite

hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!

iam suffering from pcos and today my doctor has given benforce m to take two tablets daily for a month.

iam trying naturaly for this cycle and most probably will go for ivf in march 2011..so pls suggest me that is it safe to use benforce during ivf also?

and secondly at least for how many days should i use benforce-m (metformin) for desired results.

kindly guide me as iam not getting satisfactory reply from my re.

i know many ttc ladies have get wonderful guidance and help here, please help me too friends.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Bhanusanthi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Beforce-m, i remember a old thread in this forum. The thread started ended up in pregnancy & delivered her baby too!
    Cure from PCOS is within us. We need to work hard to get good results out of it. Hard work really gives you the best results. Some times it may seem long time, but truly valuable! Work with proper diet, exercise. Know the reasons for your PCOS, fight those base things, You will surely end up with successful pregnancy journey!
    Baby dust to you!

3. bhanushanti

bhanushanti New IL'ite

thanx vasumathy,

yes i have also seen that post but couldnt got my doubts clear over there.

however iam following diet and exercise regime. just wanted to know that for how many days shall i use this metformin tablets to get things right.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Fixing up a time limit in this is difficult! Few needs just few months. Few need to take Metformin until pregnancy occurs. Hope you will fall pregnant soon with these!

I was asked to stop all previous medication while starting IVF. They just go with their protocol for IVF. They check the insulin resistance, if its on higher side, they will hand you some diet regime or insulin injections by the time of IVF! Just work harder in controling insulin/sugar level before starting up IVF!
    Baby dust to you.

5. vadapallisudha

vadapallisudha Gold IL'ite

Hi shanti,
    I am also presently taking metformin 500 -thirce a day.And will get an IUI in the month of feb or march and then for IVF somewhere in june-july.
    Regarding ur query abt how long u should be taking metformin - it is best u clear it out with u gyne., as many of them would be advised for not more than 6m or least 1y ,If the reason for putting u on that is not for very high levels of insulin.
    In my case as i was planned for an IUI first, they have asked me to continue taking medicine till the time they get an ultrasound on the 9th day after menstrual cycle and give HCG injection to trigger ovulation.
    The doc will surely advice to stop any past medications when they r about to start IVF,suppose if u going to get it done in the month of March(as u mentioned) they would advice u to stop taking medicines from that month onwards.A series of blood test will be conducted from the 2nd day of ur menstrual cycle of that month.From here the medicines r given related to IVF.
    So dont worry,take good diet say less or oily, carbohydrates and spicy etc.Eat nutritious food and fruits.Dont skip ur b'fast,lunch and dinner etc. Drink lots of water.
    And do some good cardio exercises like brisk walking , swimming or yoga.
    Good food and exercise helps to discontinuing the medicine early.
    Take care and have faith in ur doc and God.Wishing u all the very best.
    sudha.

6. bhanushanti

bhanushanti New IL'ite

thank you sudha...your profile photo is very beautiful.

anyways i was also taking methi powder twice a day, one teaspoon at night and one at night and since last 4 days(my af days) iam having heavy heavy flow like anything today is 4th day and since morning bleeding with big clots.....iam really scared.is it that one should not take methi powder during menses as it causes heavy uterine bleeding.

guidance from you ladies needed.

regards.

7. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

8. bhanushanti

bhanushanti New IL'ite

very informative links.

kudos.

9. mom29

mom29 New IL'ite

may be methi stimulate bleeding...not sure.