Is any sideeffects using susten200 during pregnancy &wats the use of this capsule

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by chitrajaraika, Jan 4, 2011.

1. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends

i have one doubt.yesterday doctor recommended susten 200 tablet.but i am having doubt why she prescribed the tablet and heard that have sideeffects will it affect the baby and myself.how to intake the tablet whether by mouth or insert to vagina or anyother.

eagerly waiting for your reply friends. i am confused about the tablets

2. anuram09

anuram09 IL Hall of Fame

Susten is a progestrone supplement tablet. I dont know about side effects of the tablet but I am also taking the tablet from the day I got my pregnancy confirmed.
    Please take the tablet as per Dr advice. I am taking it orally. Progetrone works in conjuction with estrogen during pregnancy and this hormone is very important.

Please go through this link for more info about this hormone
    The role of progesterone hormones during pregnancy.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. chitrajaraika

thank you so much anuram after seeing your answer i am confident.doctor said it supports your pregnancy.it avoid miscarriage too and avoid spotting too.strengthens everything mainly.seen your link its very helpful for me. i too intake in orally.doctor asked to intake after having food and asked to take morning and night

4. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Susten 200 mg is a progesterone supplement and is quite commonly prescribed during first trimester to avoid miscarriage due to lack of progesterone in the body..
    I also took this throughout my 1st trimester. its better to take it vaginally as the body will be able to absorb more of it. I also had checked with my doc abt it and she said vaginally is the best option.
    Initially I was taking 200 mg and when the baby's heartbeat was lesser than expected at the 6th week, the dosage was increased by 100 mg.

Do follow the doc's advice and take the tablets regularly without fail.
    Its very safe and absolutely no side effects. My friend was also advised to take this regularly and now she has delivered a healthy baby boy.

5. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Hi soniya
    just dropped by to say CONGRATS on becoming pregent. Please do follow doctor's advise and post your developments. I am so happy for you. Take care . Happy New Year

6. chitrajaraika

Thank you chotabeem my doctor asked to intake she didnt say to use in vagina.i too afraid to use in vagina.she prescribed this tablets for just 10days morning and night.how many days these tablets are recommended.does using this tablet inside vagina will wont struck inside. thanks for your detailed answer.i wil use that tablet daily but how many days we have to intake this tablets

7. chitrajaraika

thank you very much for dropping in here. nityakalyani ma.yesterday we went for scan there only i am able to know i am pregnant and it confirmed.thanks sure i will follow doctors advise.really its happy news i am happy that you came to know here.how are you

8. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Relax no tension. Even I took Susten via vagina. U might get some white discharge. That is due to the tablet.Nothing to worry. I think I took for 5 months. Even I took one in morning and night. Now I am a mother of 8 months old child.Just follow Dr advice. All the best

9. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Hi Soniya,
    I was prescribed this tablet for 3 months..Stopped it after 12 weeks.
    No need to worry about the tablet, as it will dissolve inside if u use it vaginally and there will be a slight white discharge due to that.

10. MILKYBAR

MILKYBAR Senior IL'ite

hai all,
    i had an uiu on jan 1st and Dr suggested me dhupasthan and

PROGESTERONE VAGINAL INSERTS
    SUSTEN VT 200 FOR VAGINAL USE ONLY.

this is the medicine name.iam surprised that we can take these as intake also?

my DR asked me to use in viginal only.from tomorrow means on 7th day after iui, twice in a day.As for the first time i came to know,i called up my friend whose is in IVF process,she is also using and in trice a day and each time 2 tablets she is using and she is sleeping for 2 hours for that.means taking rest on position.

she said that some discharge will be there after using that (color is according to that tablet color).

i got one applicator along with tablets and in that we have one prescribed
    details about that tablet as only vaginal insert.and i read that this will help you to get pregnancy means it will help to implantation of an embryo.

people will use after confirmation also?

1 person likes this.