women with pcos or pcod

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rainy, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Rainy

Rainy New IL'ite

Hi all,

wish u all amerry christmas and happy new year in advance.

im in ttc for past 1 year , im diagnosed with pcod and dr suggested me to not eat rice, sweets etc at all...i have done for 2 mnths and she gave some medicines but no use even my periods r not coming regularly ...like say for 2 to 3 mnths ..wat to do this ttc is like hell to me..

would u pls share ur thoughts and suggestions for pcod..so that i can have a beautiful and healthy baby

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

2. Sankna

Sankna Bronze IL'ite

Advanced wishes to u to Rainy , PCO can be tackled by maintaining proper weight and having right diet. If u are overweight , bring it to normal range and have atleast 3-4 servings of fresh vegetables and fruits everyday. Have rice and sweets in moderation.

Pl also visit Keep Fit & Maintain Shape - IndusLadies you would find many threads discussing about weight loss and proper diet - join any one of them , it would help you a lot.

If you have any other query please ask.

3. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Hey Rainy,

Try Fenugreek seeds .This was told by one of our fellow IL , Pmahensa..Its working for me..though i get my periods it was not kind of regular, so i religiously worked out and in addition i soaked fenugreek seeds in a glass of water over night and used to have it early in the morning.

Try having a fitness routine..it helps... and try adding lots of veggies and fruits...in your diet.

4. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Hey Sakna,

I have read many of your posts and hence a quick question. Does clomid work for women with elevated LH.My LH levels on day 3 were 9.6.Does clomid work by passing the high LH levels???

5. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Heyy Rainy:hiya,

Wishing u a happy festive season as well dear.

Even I have PCOD but hey thats not such a big problem to get so stressed out. 1st relax!
    PCOD comes with many associated problems like :-
    1)Irregular ovulation which leads to irregular periods(most common problem). This can be tackled by having some Birth control pills for 1-2 months which my doctor prescribed to put your cycles back to regular. Then after you leave them u are given some ovulation tablets so that you ovulate on time.
    2) PCOD women develop insulin resistance. Thats why doctors ask PCOD women to eat less starchy foods like Rice, Sweets etc. They also put them on Metformin tablets which also helps them to reduce weight and combat the insulin resistance.
    3) PCOD women have a tendency to put on weight. This weight gain is a viscious circle.....U put on weight which increases your PCOD and again which leads to weight gain. So women having PCOD should try their level best to reduce their weight as much as possible. Though i know its a little difficult as compared to others but heyy its not impossible.

There are many treatments available to combat PCOD and get a woman pregnant. So donot worry. Have a detailed discussion with your doctor about what all are your problems and the challenges. Get your blood work done to check your hormone levels. Do a follicle monitoring to check whether you are ovulating on time or not (see if u have irregular ovulation u will never get regular cycles!).
    As Sankna said check out the link given by her to get tips to loose wight and all.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING..............Try and avoid STRESS! It is the biggest enemy for PCOS. Stress causes hormonal imbalance and your PCOD can aggravate due to that.

Hope i could solve some of your queries.

Take care,
    Priyanka.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rainy,
    Welcome here... :)
    Irregular periods & PCOS, weight loss is the key. Just do regular exercises, even walking every day for 30 mins will do the good! Avoid or reduce in take of carbohydrate base foods. Include more vegetables & fruits. Look for low GI foods too!
    Leave the stress, stat the TTC journey with more positive attitude!
    Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

7. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Rainy,

Priyu has explained pcod in detail...but just to let u know i was very first digonosed with PCOD then after analysis my doctor found it came becoz i was not ovulating properly bcoz i had High prolactin and High TSh.:bonk

have you checked these two things?

so my gyn is giving me medicine for these two and she told pcod will be automatically cured . I am not taking any medicine for pcod.

swati

8. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hi Rainy,

I agree with Swati.........get your blood work done do check the things she told.

Priyanka

9. ansou2010

ansou2010 New IL'ite

u will get soon surely

Hi dear,
    I am also having PCOD problem.For my first baby after 6months of trying, we checked with the doctor.Then she gave me metformin or glycomet 500mg twice a day.Along with that i walked daily.Then i took one fertility tablet from the 2nd day of my period to 7th day i.e continuously for 6days.By god's grace i was blessed with the girl & delivered on april 2006.Again i started trying for second baby.Again i started taking glycomet &fertility tablet from 2nd day for few months.It worked .Just by june2010 we are blessed again with baby girl.

So i 100%assure u confidently, with full assurance that U CAN FIGHT PCOD & WIN A BABY!But walking has always been a part of my life that too brisk walking.people can't make it whether i am walking or running.It will help u definitely to get ur periods regularly.Actually i was 67kg (154cmsht) while i was trying to conceive.My periods will be 4-5days late.I hope that once ur weight goes beyond 80kg, irregular periods becomes a problem.

Pcod is a problem i.e insulin resistant.so that all the sugar we eat is converted into fat rather than glucose.so it is very difficult for any pcod ladies to lose weight fast like other persons.we have to put consistent efforts.sugar is there in normal white rice, carbs.so go for dhalia rice pour saambhar, rasam & curd on it & have.substitute sugar free.i avoid mango, jackfruit especially banana too which are rich in HIGH GLYCEMIC INDEX.Take lot of vegetables, salads before lunch & dinner like cucumber,tomato,onion mixed.
    ABOVE ALL WALKING IS THE ONE &ONLY GOD TO HELP U FIGHT PCOD.

u can see the ladies with pcos have symptoms like obese, pimples, thinning of hair in the centre like male pattern baldness etc. I keep on browse the net about pcos, diet etc....
    Don't lose heart.u can win it & sure u will be blessed with a good baby within a year. It is possible.I myself is an example.
    One of my friend who weighs 90kg don't have kid for the past 5years.when i was trying for 2nd , i told her that it is possible.But she was not briskwalking.walking very slowly.she could not lose weight & get conceived.Even losing 5-10% of weight will also increase ur chances of fertility.Go to a good doctor , take a scan, consult any dietician & join a gym , do workouts, dieting.Dam sure u will win.
    I know the role of pcos.Thats why i am writing u a long mail.But due to my time constraint , i may not be regular in net.so go through web browse it & get knowledge, win the problem.i will also boost u.u refer wt loss success stories here.
    luv,
    ansou

1 person likes this.
  10. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hi Ansou2010,

I am so relieved to read your story. I am exactly undergoing the same treatment as u said. Gylcomet 500 mg plus Letroz from Day2 - Day6 along with normal IC and IUIs. This is my second cycle. I also walk from Train station to my office and i make that walk a brisk walk just like running. Its a 15 mins walk one way.....so in a day i do 30 mins walk! Hope i get positive results soon. Your story encouraged me a lot. :thankyou2:

Priyanka