thick white creamy discharge

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by confused, Dec 13, 2010.

1. confused

confused New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

I have PCOS and my doctor prescribed me metformin & clomid. I am on these tablest for almost 3 months. still no hope... but this time i am seeing something different in my body...I am due for my period Dec 17th...I am having thick white creamy discharge(no foul smell)..Is this a sign of pregnancy? Is it too early to take a home pregnancy test? Keeping my fingers crossed:rotflAnybody here has these kind of discharge before getting periods or getting pregnant?

Few more details- I ovuluted in Dec 3rd. I had intercourse before, during and after that time. And 2 days back i had some intermittent pains in my lower abdominal area(left side) also. I have bad head ache and my breast is so sensitive..Does anybody have these kind of symptoms just before getting periods? Or these are signs of preganancy?
    -Bicky.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

2. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    Unfortunately the early signs of pregnancy and pre cycle symptoms are very much similar. The better way to check this is wait until DEC 20 and do a home pregnancy test. But I would also add my personal experience -

When I was pregnant I knew immediately (Had 2 MC before - knew symptoms before) as I had sensitive breasts. If you do not have these before periods and have something now, you might be pregnant.

Again, best way to confirm is through home pregnancy test. Be careful and good luck.

Cheers,
    Anita

3. confused

confused New IL'ite

Thanks Anita. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Praying that "this is it"..Itz been a long time we are trying for a baby...I dunno how i will kill the next couple of days:)

4. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

There are many home preg tests are available in market which is sensitive enough to detect the low hcg levels. you can check if you are pregnant or not, 4-5 days earlier than your expected period. I would suggest you to buy a digital preg test, as they will show a "yes" or "no" in the small lcd display. So that you can avoid the confusion of faint line in traditional pregnancy test. Check it out this.
    First Response - GOLD® DIGITAL PREGNANCY TEST
    They are available in walmart and many other drug stores.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  5. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hi confused:hiya,

As the other ladies have said symptoms of pregnancy and periods are very similar so its a little confusing. But i can suggest you one thing......u can go get a Beta HCG blood test. This test can confirm pregnancy very early as it traces the HCG hormone in your blood. By this time am sure u might get a fairly accurate result. U can TRY it.

Lots of BabyDust to u.

Priyanka.

6. confused

confused New IL'ite

Thank You!! Today morning i took a HPT and it came negative :(. But still I have hope...May be i will test again in couple of days...

7. confused

confused New IL'ite

Thanks Priyanka....I will try if i can do it here...Thanks a lot for the baby dust:)

Thanks smilealways, i took HPT today morning and it came out negative..But still my hopes are high..I will just wait for couple of more days...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  8. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

I have sailed in same boat before. I wish you good luck. Wait till Dec 20th, re-test. May it turn out +ve.

Cheers,
    Anita

9. confused

confused New IL'ite

Thanks Anita!!!

10. ilovemyself

ilovemyself New IL'ite

Hi IL friends,

i am due for my periods, for the past four days i am getting thick white discharge,what does it mean ?usually if we are due for the periods the white discharge will stop.why this discharge is coming now.And i dont have any pregnancy symptoms.

please explain about this...

Thanks in advance