TTC with TSH,PCOD,high prolactin

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Swatir23, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Vibhakar,

for Pcod I am not taking any medicine as doctor told it can be cured when TSH and prolactin will be normal.

for TSH I am taking Thyronorm -50 mg everyday in morning and for prolactin i am taking Cabergolin -0.5 mg weekly one tab

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  2. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Archana ,

Thanks for your suggestion to divert mind in other things,surely will try it.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swati,
    Keep a check on your weight along with these tablets. Eat healthy foods. Avoid/reduce the intake of carbohydrate based foods. More vegetables & fruits will do the good. Do some regular exercises. All these will help you to control PCOS effects along with those tablets!
    I too used cabergolin days back for my high prolactin count! it will come to control when i have it, when i stop it, soon it will be back to the old figure! Hope your prolactin levels stick to good level with this tablet!
    Baby dust to you.

4. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Archana,
    I have heard prolactin increases again when we stop medicine.is it the true?
    should i think about IVF as my age is 30 yr now.?i have heard as age increases its difficukt to conceive...

5. MKhan

MKhan New IL'ite

Hey Swati, i just joined Indusladies...I am in the same boat as you are i.e. high TSH+High Prolactin and PCOS...have you any luck so far in conceiving...how did your IUI went??..sending you baby dustsss!!!

6. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

Hi Mkhan,
    This is my old post ..u can find my latest update in ivf queries and suggestion thread.
    I have undergone Cervix dialation and hysteroscopy,HSG,6 IUI and 1 ivf stil no luck.....recently diagonised with High TNF alhha and high glucose(after failed ivf these tests sre done)....

7. MKhan

MKhan New IL'ite

hey swati, sorry to know about your ivf..but if you had glucose level high, it causes pcos and for pcos you should take 2000mg glucophage right away....my friend had pcos and she conceived the first month when she started glucophage....also before going with the next ivf, please do research on making all your blood levels normal then go ahead..

Best of luck dear

8. rpatill

rpatill New IL'ite

Hi,

I have just started to try n concive and suddenly my had prolonged periods ( almost 14 days) ...now that i got some tests noticed that I have pcos and my prolactin is also high ( 34 ng/ml) ....i am really scared and have no one to talk to ..the doc has put me on cabergoline ( 1 tab per week for 8 weeks ) ..will this work ???....

R Patil

9. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Hi patil,

I am taking cabergoline weekly once for high prolactin level. The tablet worked and is working fine till now( touch wood). I had my count as 50.14 and now it's around 3.1 in my last visit. Thoug I am still in TTc .

As your prolactin is high please check your TSH level as well as they are interconnected .

Baby dust to you dear.

10. sruthi84

sruthi84 New IL'ite

Hi luckwaves...even i have my prolactin levels at 50...taking cabergoline weekly once from past 2 months...but i dont have elevation in thyroid...do u have thyroid??