0% sperm motility & TTC

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Cuteprincess, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

We are trying to concieve for the past 1.5 yrs. Recently we found out that my DH has a sperm motility-0%

Is it possible for me to get Pregnant naturally? Or what kind of treatments are available for this?

2. sweety25

sweety25 Senior IL'ite

re: 0% sperm motility & TTC

@cuteprincess..

You can try vitamins,figs and some home remedies which you find in A-Z trying to conceive thread.ere advised

Even we have same problem with counts and morphology ,we were advised
    to go for IVF.

Sweety!!!

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear abt that. Don't worry there are treatments available and also things you can do at home.

IVF with ICSI is your best choice. (they take 1 egg and 1 sperm and ensure fertilization in a petri dish and impant into uterus). for this procedure all you need is 1 sperm per egg.

You can also see a urologist to see if he can help. sometimes they can do a small procedure which helps increase count/motility.

Home options
    1. no tight underwear, wear boxers instead
    2. no hot showers/sauna/steam
    3. eat lots of magnesium rich foods as well as zinc supplements

good luck!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  4. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

5. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

We already checked with a Urologist and he said there is nothing much he can do about it. He told us to try IVF. But he wasnt very sure about the results.

My DH has a very good sprem count only the motility seems to be a problem. Let me check the A-Z thread and the links which you ppl have provided.

6. rishiberi

rishiberi New IL'ite

Azoospermia case

I will be turing 30 this december and my husband is 31. I am married for 5 years and trying to concieve since 3 years. Never used any sort of controceptions or condoms during first 2 years of marriage. for the first 2 years only sort of family planning we used was timing.

But after 2 years I went to gynec and got checked up on me completely and after a year or so got my husband semen analysis to show it as Azoospermia. It was truely traumatic experience. Such a big punishment. It was a very sensitive issue as my dear husband was never willing to discuss or get treated for next 1 year. Recently he visited few doctors after lot of pressure and ups and downs in my life. Dr suggested it as a non obstructive azoospermia.
    meanwhile we are also using homeopathy. the next step is biopsy. Which is yet to be performed. mean while this fertility treatment is proving very expensive for us in usa. we live in chicago and he is visiting DR Robert Branningan, and Dr reena jabamoni.

his harmone levels are all good , lh,fsh are all good. his testosterone levels are good. only testes is lil small. but count was zero as he repeated the test for 4 times. ultrasound showed no blocks. no varicocela.

I am quiet worried with this issue. I could not controll my stress and stopped working due to stress too. My husband is not very positive about adoption or donor sperm. I going through very depressed phase of my life and feeling lonely. I cannot share this with anyone else too. Its truely emotional trauma in my life. I cannot do anything else other than praying god. I feel totally helpless about the situation. Let saibaba show some mercy on me. Could not understand for what previous karma i am facing this problem.

Please Friends any one on indus ladies forums with similar issue share your stories. Any success rate with this sort of case please let me know. if not anything just share your case because at this point of time i want to talk to some one atleast through indus ladies.

Thanks
    Rishi

7. nithyadavidson

nithyadavidson Bronze IL'ite

Re: Azoospermia case

Hi Rishi,

Really sorry about your situation. I totally understand ur emotional feelings. As you said the All mighty only shd resolve this issue. Pls dont get depressed. Just think about ur huby. How much pain he will be having and even he wont be able to share with any one. Pls dont talk abt adoption now. Just give him the mental support and after some time you can think about the next step. Prayer brings victory. So have faith in Him and He will guide you.
    Please dont loose hope.
    Tk care

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Azoospermia case

HI Rishi,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Sorry about your situations.
    Just try to share the pressure your DH feels. Not only female feels the troubles, many guys wish to see their blood! Many starve for the kids! May be your dh too in that case. May be he is feeling worst inside! Talk with him politely. Share your views & his thought too. Come to a conclusion. Make him to undergo the procedure. It may help you to get some good counts & may start to run in the TTC race afresh & charged up. There is nothing wrong in waiting few months & take up procedure & allow the things to settle down & start TTC finally!

There are many of us running in this TTC battle with issues in both sides. Low sperm counts & severe PCOS. Many have conceived from these conditions. Never give up. Try your level best. Leave the rest to almighty.

Be positive. Baby dust to you.