Infertility Rocks !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by tweetyfan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you alright tweety? Feeling the worst?
    Relax dear!

2. ndta26chennai

ndta26chennai Gold IL'ite

hi,
    from the tiltle of the thread till the end,i just can see my feelings in the form of words,you are so expressive.i really loved the way things are composed in the right way.cool.....it tells a person's hidden feelings....,nothing to say more,its all there.

love,
    narmada

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  3. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

The Joyful Things
    by Joyce Mary Ecochard

At times I'm so discouraged
    With problems of the day,
    I fail to see the joyful things
    That are along the way.
    When troubles overwhelm me,
    It's then my nerves may fray,
    That's when I need to take the time
    To simply sit and pray.
    Reflecting on God's many gifts
    Does make me so aware
    Of all the joy in little things
    Around me, everywhere!
    I must try to remember
    Though problems come my way,
    Not to miss the joyful things
    And the beauty of the day!

:cheers

4. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all your positive comments.

If you all like it then i will continue with more poems on encouragement,babies and fertility/infertility related.I also need some time off from TTC and 2WW , something nice to think about for the day.So started with these poems.

Iam not a poem writer.I have started writing now about how i want my LO and how i miss her/him in my life,i will post it for sure here some time.

All i do here is i post some quotes which i think is nice and may sooth you or lift up your spirits if you are running in the rough patch of road called life with a bare feet.

Pls. share your thoughts and poems too.

Vasu,

Iam fine dear.Coming to terms with the fertility journey.Wanted something to soothe me and lift me from shallows.So thought of sharing what i enjoyed,felt close to my heart to my IL friends.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  5. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

It exactly conveys what we have in mind...Nice to read.

6. bellatrix

bellatrix Silver IL'ite

Tweeetyfan

Beautiful !! It expresses our feelings exactly!!

Thank u!!

Cheers
    Ramya

7. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Thank you Ramya and Sujatha.Iam happy that you liked it.

8. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Celebrity couples that struggled with infertility and had Success

Today #1 : Courteney Cox-Arquette of Friends and her actor husband David Arquette.

The couple underwent many IVF attempts and suffered several miscarriages, with Courteney being open about "being able to get but not stay pregnant" before welcoming daughter Coco Riley Arquette in May 2004.

Courteney suffers from antiphospholipid syndrome, an autoimmune disorder that causes blot clotting and pregnancy loss. Most women have no idea about it until they suffer a miscarriage. It’s worth looking into if you’ve had a miscarriage and is easily treated with blood thinners and/or low dose aspirin. Courtney suffered multiple miscarriages before she found out she had the disorder and was able to get treatment and become pregnant with Coco, now five and a half. Anyway she’s in a high risk category due to her condition and advanced maternal age.

Courteney Cox Arquette has recently announced that she is willing to give IVF another go in order to have a second child. The Friends star gave birth to baby girl Coco in 2004 after a course of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF). She tells Metro:

“I had problems getting pregnant, we did IVF and it was tough. We’d waited for a few years after we got married before trying and in retrospect I’d say: ‘Don’t wait as long as I did, especially if you want more than one child.“

[​IMG]Courteney Cox-Arquette

Though the star says she can not imagine life without Coco now, things have not always been easy. In an interview with Marie Claire, Cox said:

“I used to want to have eight kids. It was such a fantasy when I was younger because my mother, who was an only child, had four kids. Now, looking back, I don’t understand how she did it. I think the baby part – like, waking up early – is hard. Really hard,“ AHN reported.

The 45-year-old also told the magazine that she believed in postpartum depression and suffered a mild case of it herself. The Scream actress believes hormones are the biggest cause.

“Women have hormones. It’s not easy and as we get older, it gets harder. But there’s ways to deal with it and stay in balance. I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with therapy. Post-natal depression can be devastating. Luckily, I was able to get through it.“

Despite her tough experience, Cox says she would like to have another baby and would likely try fertility treatment again.

“I’d like to have another child and I’d probably do IVF again, even though it’s hard,“ she tells Metro, adding, “Maybe if it doesn’t work I’ll adopt.“

Other celebrities who have suffered from postpartum depression include Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Brooke Shields.

Bow

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  9. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Celebrity couples that struggled with infertility and had Success

Today #2 : Padma Lakshmi’s struggle with endometriosis

Published: April 10, 2010

Padma Lakshmi is an accomplished actress, author, jewelery designer and TV presenter. She is also a chronic sufferer of endometriosis – a condition whereby cells lining the womb grow outside of it potentially causing severe abdominal pain and fertility problems.
    The condition is notorious for being misdiagnosed, as there is yet no easy non-invasive method to detect it, meaning many women end up suffering needlessly.
    Following her own diagnosis, Padma Lakshmi found that many were not aware of the condition and made it her mission to speak out about endometriosis. She told People:
    “It’s a very personal issue. It has to do with the most private aspect of a woman’s life, and when I had to have surgery, I had to miss work and explain why. I just found that in talking to people, not many people knew what it was.”
    “I just thought,“ she continues, “I had a responsibility to let other young women know so they wouldn’t have to go through what I went though. If you get tested at an early age, it’s very simple to be treated for it and it will save you from a lifetime of pain and stress.”

[​IMG]Padma Lakshmi fell pregnant despite having endometriosis

The 39-year-old even went so far as to set up an organisation devoted to the cause. She co-founded the Endometriosis Foundation of America with Dr. Tamer Seckin, who told People that the condition is probably the most common reproductive health disease, but is also “the most misunderstood, misdiagnosed, mismanaged and mistreated. And women, because of that, end up being infertile and in chronic pain“.
    It is thought that many women have endometriosis and do not suffer any symptoms. Later in life, they may find themselves unable to conceive. There are various treatments for the condition, including hormone therapy and pain killers, but often surgery to remove endometriosis cells is necessary to relieve symptoms and improve fertility. This is especially important for conception, as the cells often stray into neighbouring reproductive organs such as the ovaries and fallopian tubes.
    Padma Lakshmi was operated on and now claims to be fine, but says “it was a very trying ordeal“. The Top Chef host has managed to fall pregnant and gave birth to baby girl in February 2010. According to Popeater, a representative for the star described the pregnancy as “a medical miracle“.
    However, Dr. Zhanna Fridel claims that although endometriosis can make conception more difficult, it does not cause competely infertility. NY Daily News interviewed the obstetrician and gynaecologist:
    “If it is causing the fallopian tubes to be blocked, getting pregnant is a little more difficult than if it was in the ovaries,” she says. “Women who have endometriosis in the tubes may be advised to get pregnant using in vitro fertilization.”

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  10. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

Choice is Yours!

Over the hill?
    On the decline?
    I can choose
    To toboggan, or roly-poly,
    Stumble and tumble,
    Carefully descend with faltering steps,
    Or leap from rock to rock.
    I can sit on my bum and slide,
    I can stop and have a picnic,
    Pick flowers, bird watch, hang glide,
    Jump from the top and get it all over with.
    But the choice is still mine
    And the view continues
    Until you reach the bottom.
    :cheers

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010