My thread is missing?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, May 12, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There could be a few reasons that your not able to see the thread in the location where you originally posted:

1. Your thread might have been merged with an existing thread on similar topic. Go to Quick Links->My Posts. Browse through it and you will find the listing of all your posts. You can locate the thread you are searching from that list.

2. Your thread might have been moved to another sub-forum, where it fits well. Go to Quick Links->My Threads and you should see all your threads listed. You can locate the thread you are searching from that list.

3. Your thread might have violated the forum etiquette and might have been deleted.

4. You might not have fully submitted the thread. Sometimes, you will be able to preview a message. But before you submit, if something went wrong with either the interent connection, website accessibility, system timeout, etc. then there is a possibility of losing the message.

If your thread fell into none of the above categories and is still missing, please explain below by clicking on "Post Reply" button at the bottom left. We will be happy to look into it and respond. Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008

2. vase

vase Senior IL'ite

W.r.t the point 4, I experienced the same yesterday due to a sudden system shutdown. This was in response to a post on IIT coaching classes.

I am trying to search for my post and found that my reply did not get submitted. So I tried searching for the original post but I find it very difficult.

Is there any easy way to search for a post? I tried the search options given. Unfortunately I dont remember the name of the user who has posted it.

Can you help?

Thanks

3. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vase,

Search is the most easiest way to find the thread that you are looking for. You don't have to know the name of the thread starter to find the thread. Search for some keywords that you remember, like "IIT" or "Coaching" or a phrase that you remember reading in that thread. I am sure that after a few searches you would be able to find the thread that you are looking for.

On the purple bar above, click on Search and type the keywords in the box beneath "Google Search". Thanks Vase.

4. sandy_j23

sandy_j23 Senior IL'ite

I posted a thread on R.K.Narayan in "Book Lovers " Forum..I am not able to find it. Pelase help !!

5. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sandy, did you follow the steps mentioned in the first post of this thread? That gives you instructions on how to find your post/thread. Please read the first post and let us know if you still have difficulty. Thank you.

6. winpie

winpie Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I posted a new thread in the marriage section over an hour ago and it has not appeared anywhere. How long does it take for a posted item to appear? I saw that the replies I had posted to other threads appeared instantly.
    My thread does not violate any of the norms.
    Thanks,
    Winpie

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Winpie
    There are 2 threads started by you in marriage section.
    one is I am afraid of my wife and the other one is Nowhere to do. Which thread are you talking about??
    And from I am afraid of my wife have deleted the matter in the thread nothing appears just thr thread is there.
    Please provide more detail which thread are you looking for.
    Even the threads appear instantly like the fbs.

8. anithaka

anithaka New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for guiding us....

9. sadhu72

sadhu72 Gold IL'ite

hi ,

actually my problem is ,,,,,, my new thread " jodha akbar jewellery sets " is not appearing under " new " [thread,post] column but appearing under the related " jewellery " sub forum. why is this difference? then , how will my post get more viewers? any mistake from my side ? plz clarify.

i would become happy if it gets screened under 'NEW' column. thankyou!

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

hello sadhana
    when you post a thread how can that be new post to you. you cannot view it but all the others can view the thread. is your thread name bangles ..valayal....choodiyaan??
    so don't worry you will get replies and i can view already you have 4 replies