The site everytime opens as logged in by an earlier used user's name...

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by priyasaigiridhar, Sep 4, 2005.

1. priyasaigiridhar

priyasaigiridhar New IL'ite

dear madam,

I and my daughter priya saigiridhar use the same computer at home, so each time i try to log in her name is automatically opened without being mentioned...how do i change this i am unable to log in as sunkan at all...i need help in this quarter...kindly let me know what to do.. regards.sunkan

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cookies concept makes the earlier username logged in by default!

This forum website consists of cookies concept. So when a user logs in with their username and password (by checking/ticking the 'Remember me' button) the first, a web cookie gets created for the site with that username in that computer. So from the next time whenever you open the site in that computer, by default the site will have that particular username logged in by default.

How do you login with another username?

Logout from the earlier username. When you login with your username/password, remember to tick the 'Remember me' button. So that it has a cookie created for your name too. When multiple users access the site from the same computer, they need to follow these steps, if cookies is enabled in their computer.

Note: You can also disable cookies from your Internet explorer browser options, so that there will be not be any default logging in happening when you open the site.

3. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Webmaster

Because i dont know where to ask this problem i am writing here. please excuse.

I am started to use this site after long time. But now, my profile is not coming when clicked in User CP. Someother name is linked to my id. Can you please check this please ?

4. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Swarna,
    Yes we see the issue that your profile page is linking to another user's profile. We will look into the issue and fix it at the earliest.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

5. swarnalata.N.S.

Dear Webmaster and Moderator ( Laxmi)

One month ago, I had brought to your kind attention that my profile in User CP is not showing my details but showing someother person's details. It is still like that only and not repaired.
    Please kindly make it alright because of this I am not able to making friends.

Thank you.

6. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

7. swarnalata.N.S.