My message with an external site link did not get posted. Why?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Being a fairly new member, with less posts to your credit, the system does not allow to post links to external websites.

It gets automatically moderated from being displayed and hence you find the post missing.

Try posting messages without any external links and it will get posted.

Note: If you are trying to post an external link to your own website, to promote your online business, please contact induslady@indusladies.com for the advertising options available.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2008

2. TKM

TKM New IL'ite

Hi, Yesterday I posted a reply to the topic on "Online Indian Jewelry Stores" thread but not able to see it anywhere. I read your FAQ answers for reasons on missing posts and you are right; I have external jewelry website links in my reply as the topic is on the same! How can I post my reply with the external jewelry website links information that I can share with the people? I am a new member and that was my first post yesterday. Please help.

Thanks,
    TKM

3. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello TKM

As mentioned in the 1st post,

Try posting messages without any external links and it will get posted. Only members in Junior ILite status ( with posts greater than 50) are allowed to post with external links. This is mainly to keep away spammers from our site who join to just spam our site with some external links.

However, in your case we reviewed the post and approved being informative and useful links for ladies here.

Thanks for your understanding.

4. sunitasethia

sunitasethia New IL'ite

Hi,
    I tried posting new threads, after removing all the links but still not able to find it anywhere?

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Sunita
    Looks like the net has some problem so it couln't get posted
    Try posting the thread again without any links, it will work.

6. geera612

geera612 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I started a new thread on December 30 with an external link without knowing that message with external links will not be posted. Now I dont have the copy of the text to be posted again. It was quite big text and I somehow feel better to post the same text as I had the other day without the external link. So by any chance will old messge which got discarded be stored in the system somehow? Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Geetha

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Geetha
    If you can mention where did you post it, we can help you by asking about it to that forum moderator. Please do mention the topic and which forum you had posted your article.

8. geera612

geera612 New IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Thanks for you reply. I posted it under "Health, Diet & Fitness" forum and "Ayurveda & Herbal Medicine" subforum. The topic was something like this "Inputs regrading illness therapy from SVYASA Bangalore". I am not sure about the exact words but the word "SVYASA" was definitely there.

Thanks,
    Geetha

9. geera612

geera612 New IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

The message is now posted in the forum. Thank you so much.

-Geetha

10. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

whenever I try to upload somthing from my PC "The invalid" file message comes. I want to upload my craft work photos but it is not going.