Why I am not able to open attachments in the IL'ite Meet-up forum?

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by Induslady, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

If your post count is less than 50, then you do not have access to view attachments in the IL'ite Meet-ups forum. We didn't want strollers (uncommitted members who are just browsing the site) to see the member photographs. As IL'ite meeting happens around the world, many members are sharing their photographs and we want to make sure that they feel comfortable doing so in our community.

Please refer this announcment for more details about member statuses and privileges:
    2.5 Lakh posts in IL & Member Status Changes!

With your consistent quality participation in the community, it is very easy to hit milestones and automatically gain more privileges. Look forward to your participation.

Thank you.

Note: One line messages aimed at increasing post count will be deleted.

Last edited: May 11, 2008

2. Induslady

Re: Why I am not able to open attachments?

We are also glad that some of you are motivated to make 50 posts to get the access privileges. But, one word of advice. Please do not make posts with the sole intention of increasing post count, particularly one line setences. I am mentioning this here because one or two members unfortunately resorted to these lower standards. As soon as we caught wind of this, we deleted all one line posts of those members - and they were back to less than 5 posts. Secondly, if you are seen as OLQs (one line queens), it doesn't help your reputation in the forum.

Post counts and privileges should only be a by product of your contributions. Make sustantive contributions in the forum, where you are proud of every single post that you make. That way, you are paving a solid foundation for your membership here. Thank you.

3. shubag

shubag Gold IL'ite

4. Induslady

Hi Shuba,

Those attachments you referred to has some other issue. It doesn't seem to open. May be they got removed after a few days of posting for unknown reasons.

5. yasskamal

yasskamal Bronze IL'ite

Hello,

I am also member on this INDUSLADIES. Whenever i open this attachments cant open to see in details. Please help me, how to open and use this pleas....................

with Love
    yasskamal

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Yasskamal
    You cannot view the IL meet up attachments for that you will have to become a Junior member of this site. that is you need to have atleast 50 posts in your account. So start becoming active in the forums and become a junior member, to view the attachments.

7. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Hi Induslady,

You say only Jr members can be able to view the IL meetup fotos..
    What if the same Jr or Sr member misuses it..So can we disable the right click on the fotos in IL meetups..If possible please do that..It will be a security to all..Thanking You.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Prettina
    This is not technically possible. if someone feels unsafe we request those members not to put they photos just to write about they meet up.
    Thank you for bringing this up, but sorry can't do it. At the most we can just delete the photos.

9. SharmilaBanu

SharmilaBanu Silver IL'ite

Hi Induslady, I am a new ILITE. as per your post, i shoudl be able to see the pictures uploaded other than the community meet up photos. but still i was not able to view some and raised in couple of posts. then check ed this post in FAQ. can you please clarify

10. SharmilaBanu

SharmilaBanu Silver IL'ite

Sorry, to add more - i was able to open the attachment atleast some time back - I am seeing this issue only for past 4 -5 days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.