How can I change my existing user name?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Username is unique and it is the key for identifying any member in this site. You should carefully and consciously decide your username during registration. Its up to you to decide whether you want to use your real name as your IL username or choose to use a pseudoname.

But please choose a meaningful name that could be used easily to address you during interactions. Do not use your email id as the username (email is personally identifiable).

As we mention at the time of registration, username once created cannot be changed. We have this policy and built the system around it because of the following reasons.

1) A username is what people refer to in all discussions. Changing it would create substantial confusion among readers and make the discussions hard to follow.

2) From a technical standpoint, username is the pivotal variable that connects profiles, discussions and every piece of data that users create. Changing it would put substantial risk to the stability of the database.

The site allows an extreme amount of flexibility in personalizing the experience. However, there are certain things we need to keep fixed for overall well-being of the community and the site.

Please do not send emails to our support mailbox for changing your username as you will be redirected to this policy only. There are certain policies we need to have and enforce in order for the greater benefit of the community. We look forward to your kind co-operation.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011

2. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

How to change the Username

Hi Gals,

I need to change my username... Please tell me how to do it...?

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

4. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

hi moderator,

I wish to change my user name because of some important reasons. Please help me out. I am not very old to the forum so will not effect much.

Thanks

5. Arunarc

Hello Deepali
    Once you sign with one username you cannot change it. We are really sorry for that. In case you wish to change your password or email id that you have provided can be changes but not your username.

6. Vaishnavi Mohan

Vaishnavi Mohan New IL'ite

Hello Aruna,
    I found that we cannot change the user name. So i want to create a new profile but i want use the same email ID. So i want to delete this profile because I am not able to create a new one with existing email ID. Can you help me in deleting the old profile?

Regards,
    VM

7. Arunarc

8. krsri79

krsri79 Senior IL'ite

Hi i even want to change my username due to some personal problems. It would be really great if you can tell me the procedures for it. I know that i cannot change my existing user name but i would like to have a new username afresh, so what are all the things i should do. Please help me.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Is not there any way possible like ORKUT for frequent change of Usernames?

10. Arunarc

Hello Krsri79
    It is not easy to change the user name but as you have mentioned about some personal problem we would like to know about it in case it is something serious can be thought about it you can send an email to our administrator with geniue reason why you wish to change. so send you problems to induslady@indusladies.com