1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facial For Oily skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sanju, Jul 3, 2007.

1. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

Hi every one,can u tell me which facial is best for my skin type.

My skin is oily ,i get pimples when i do any type of facial ,for three days pimples will b more & then reduce later.but is there any good facial for oily skin .Ofcourse homebased tips r best but some says facial give best result plz suggest me which facial is best who is suffering frm pimples,oilyskin.

Thanku in advance.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Do shahnaz SHALIFE facial with cucumber juice or papaya and honey mud face pack.
    THis will reduce the oilness.

Keep washing face 3 times a day, apply face pack every week.
    Hope this helps,

~Punitha

3. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Sanju,

I too have oily...pimple prone skin, black heads & blemishes.
    Recently, I started using " Himalayas' ayurvedic -'multhanimitti' face pack.
    I can see a change...Now my skin is clear & soft!
    More so, I avoid oily foods ( ghee/Appalam/chips etc.) sticking on to only one particular soap! ( Medimix)
    As punitha said...keep washing ur face often & drink lot of water!

4. Pree

Pree New IL'ite

Hi, I also have the same problem. My sin is a combination but tending to oily. I do a shanaz facial once in 2 months.

Can some one tell me if bleaching aggrevates an acne problem - i find that my acne increases after a facial with bleach

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    I too have a combination skin tendency to turn oily more.They call it a T- section. It becomes oily. the cheeks remain dry.

I do shanaz facial every 2 months. Please do not bleach before the facial.Bleach tans the skin wen exposed to sunlight and also some side effects. i dont use bleach.
    Instead you can use natural bleach like miixng curd+rice flour or curd+besan flour+haldi.

Do it 2 times a week . Hope this helps.

6. Savatree

Savatree New IL'ite

Thanks for all the helpful tips with oily skin cause my face is relly oily, Questions: What is the Shanaz facial you guys are talking about? Do I have to go to a salon to get it done or do I do it at home? if at home please tell me how ingredients for it?

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi savetree,
    Shanaz Hussain is one of the Top Beauticians in INDIA.She has introduced a wide range pf pdts. (herbal ones).So if in INDIA ,Shanaz facial means-Using her products(cleanser, moisturiser n tonner)+face pack everything is her pdts.

Seems you are in US.She has a shipping facility too.I presume she has a website.Please chk out her website and see if you can get her pdts to US.

8. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

oily skin people should do clean ups and not a facial which has massage included in it
    massage aggravates pimples
    a simple cleanup regeime in ur own house can be followed v easily
    1.use a cleansing milk i prefer LTT cleanser frm shalaks company it wil be available with chemists it has lavander and teatree oils it removes the greasiness of ur skin
    try to cleanse urslf using upward strokes
    2. use a scrub mix a little astringent in it and scrub it lightly
    3steam ur faces and try to dislodge blackheads and white heads using astringent lotion
    4 use a face pack v simple one is multani mitti +calamine powder+lavander oil or teatree oil or lemongrass oil
    wait till ur pack is dry and clean up
    do this weekly

*** visiting a parlor for facial pl ask for hi frequency

** if ur using shahnaz products as i read ur mentioning sha life pl use egyptian lotus or pink lotus creams in shahnaz rather than sha life .

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  9. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank you ladies for the very useful info posted here. Is facial a must and how frequent should it be done?

10. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,
    Facial is better done every 30 days or 45 days. frequent usage of chemicals would spoil ur skin.

I too have a oily skin. This is the new face pack I'm trying now and it works!

1tsp-besan flour(kadalai maavu)
    1 drop - Honey
    3 drops tomato Juice.

Make a paste of consistency so that u can apply it on the face and leave it for 10-15 mins max.Scrub clean and wash with a baby soap or best use besan to wash the face.
    Do it regularly everyday.I can see my face glowing..........:biggrin2: