1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Clearing up pigmentation naturally / skin discolouration

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by deepthijv, Feb 22, 2010.

1. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

For all those who don’t know what pigmentation is, well it’s a skin disorder where one’s skin discolors. This usually happens due to the malfunctioning of the endocrine glands and the liver. This occurs as either an excessive coloration or darkening of the skin all over or in patches and spots. It is a wide spread disorder found in most middle aged women. Very rarely do younger women suffer from it and if they do also it is very minimal barring a few exceptions of course.
    Pigmentation takes place due to many internal and external reasons. Some of them being… Internal Reasons: Menopause, Amoebiasis (intestine disorder) or deficiency of iron, calcium, vitamin A, E and B. External Reasons: Excessive exposure to the sun, use of bad or old cosmetics and side effect of some oral medication.
    There are many ways to clear pigmentation in a natural way-
    One can bleach that area; milk is considered one of the best natural bleaching agents. So buy your self some milk powder. Take two tablespoons of that, add hydrogen peroxide to it to make a thick paste. Add two drops of glycerin to it and apply on the pigmented areas. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off.
    • Vitamin E helps reduce pigmentation. One can break a vitamin e capsule and mix it in a few drops of castor oil and apply it on the area it will surely help.
    • Mix half a spoon of granular sugar with your cleansing cream and rub it on pigmented areas this will lightening the pigmentation as well as get rid of the dry and rough skin in that area.
    • Almonds are great for pigmentation. Make a thick paste of almonds and apply it on the area it will help a great deal.
    • If your entire face is discolored apply the following mask twice a week. Grate the skin of a papaya and mix half cup of multani mitti and 2 broken vitamin E capsules to it. Mix into a paste and apply of the face for twenty minutes and rinse. OR. Make some carrot pulp, mix that with multani mitti and add two drops olive oil make it a thick paste and apply on the affected areas.
    Be sure your skin does not get too dry from pigmentation. To take care of the dryness one can follow these precautions;
    • Pat butter milk it is a gentle bleach and moisturizer.
    • Equal parts of vinegar, cucumber juice and rose water make a good cleanser for your pigmented areas.
    • To moisturize take two tablespoons of grated radish reduced in milk and make it into a thick paste and apply.
    Besides all this, follow these precautions…
    • Make sure you’re having enough calcium, vitamins and iron.
    • Vitamin A and E are great for pigmented skin. So make sure you supplement yourself with these enough.
    • Make sure your see a doctor if the pigmentation is excessive.
    • Do not use cosmetics which are coloring agents, try avoid make-up as much as you can. Wear sun-block at all times during the day even if at home.
    • Avoid stress and anxiety as much as possible.
    Zinc oxide is really effective in lightening the blemishes, so if you go in for a cream from the market make sure it has this component.

The above recepies and tried and tested

Take care

Deepthi

1 person likes this.

2. pravallika123

pravallika123 New IL'ite

Hi Deepthi..

if you dont mind i wil ask you 1 question.....:hide:

are you a beautician/doctor....?i'm askng jst like dat....:idea

bcoz your threads include some medical terms.....hahaahhahaha.....:)

3. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pravallika,

Thank u so much for reading my tips

Iam not a doctor, but i read a lot of beauty magazines and browse a lot and some info from my frens too:)

I just want to share vth al of you the knowledge i have

Have a nice day

Deepthi

4. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

THANK YOU FOR THE TIPS I THINK IT WILL BE USEFUL TO A LOT OF PERSONS:thumbsup

5. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

hi

u told about almond paste,
    can tell us how to prepare that and how to use once or twice in week

thanks

6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepthi,
    Your tips sound amazing.Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us.I will definately try them out.

7. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Dear uma,

For Almond paste: Soak almonds (3 or 4) in water for min 2 hrs and then grind it to a smooth paste using the same water that u soaked the alomonds, u can through out the remaining water after using. Now mix honey to this paste and apply this to ur face leaving the eye area and wash it off after 15mins. Now apply ur normal moisturizer

Cleanse ur face first and then apply the paste
    You can also add oats powder (grind the oats) to this paste..this is very helpful too

For ur eyes u can dip cotton in cucumber juice (grind cucmber to a paste) and place the cotton on ur eyes. This helps for ur dark circles and puffiness

You can do this procedure every week and u vil definately see the difference

Luv
    Deepthi

8. geethur

geethur New IL'ite

HI

Very nice tip.....

But i have left some small pores on my face. Before i had pimples , but there is no scars.... small pores are left . Any tip for the same will help me ...

:thumbsup Thanks in advance

9. umarayan

umarayan Senior IL'ite

hi deepthi

thanks a lot ,i vl try this.
    can u suggest a good moisturizer and sun cream,i used many after i apply that my face become oily,
    any oil free product is there
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. themadscientist

themadscientist New IL'ite

thanks Deepthi I suffer from this problem and will try your suggestion.