1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Skin lightening / whitening facial Masks

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by goodu, Jan 19, 2010.

1. goodu

goodu New IL'ite

So, here are the easy tips:
    1. Regular application of pomegranate leaves paste is useful for healthy and wrinkle-free skin. It tightens and stretches the skin to it give a new look.
    2. Daily used turmeric powder paste clears all marks from the skin.
    3. Daily used turmeric powder mixed with milk gives internal glow to skin and helps in blood purifying.
    4. Lemon juice mixed with honey is very useful working effectively on wrinkles.
    5. Holy basil leaves juice helps to remove white patches and acnes.
    6. Margosa ’neem’ oil helps in dandruff and itching overhead acnes. Margosa is also known for its anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects and as a very good blood purifier.
    7. Multani mitti also works effectively on skin problems. Its paste is a natural face pack giving soothing effects to skin and clears skin from acne (useful for oily skin).
    8. Aloe Vera juice is also helpful for many skin problems and gives the skin younger looks.

2. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Hi Goodu,

Very helpful tips..i know turmeric is very good for skin...

Thanks,
    Pandu

3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi guddu,

Very informative and much required post for ILs. Tried and tested ones????!!!!!!!!!
    Would love to try and post my fb.

4. nicknite86

nicknite86 New IL'ite

Hi, Better Skin

Hi, my name is Nick. In today’s society, stress, diet, and environment can affect your system from the inside out, resulting in your largest organ; skin, to become damaged and toxic. Many these days think that expensive treatments and harmful chemicals will fix the problem. Yet what it all comes down to is an overall health regimen, and having proper information. I hope to help in assisting others to gain a better understanding of skin care.

Thanks for having me here, :)

Nick B.

5. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Here is a good homemade face pack for all skin types having any type of problematic skin .:thumbsup

Papaya
    cucumber
    lemon juice
    chana atta / multani mitti (fuller's earth )
    Raw milk / curd ( curd is good for oily skin )
    few drops of honey
    (Some ppl r allergic to chana atta so instead they can use multani mitti )

Mix them all to make a fine paste and apply on clean face.Leave on for 15-20 mins.This pack was suggested to my sister by an ayurvedic doctor and she got rid off all her acne marks.U can even use it daily.

6. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

thanks for the tips goodu:)

7. EbeGlori

EbeGlori New IL'ite

Using " Melacare " for Skin Lightening?

Friends,

Anybody using a cream " Melacare " for skin lightening?

A skin doctor got a good amount of fee and suggested that cream.

I started using it and I am using it for last one year. It gave good results in a months time. My complexion is totally changed.

But the worst part , If I am not using that cream continuous 3 or 4 days my skin becomes more darker than before with adverse effects. I fear its a drug?

Anybody heard of this cream please help me answering below,

1. Any adverse effect of continuous usage of this cream?
    2. I am unable to stop this usage as my skin is badly affected if am not using it. Any ways to get rid of this and bring my skin back to my original complexion ( even if it is darker than now ) what should I do? Will peel will help me out?

Any skin doctors in this forum .. your views would be greatly appreciable.

Thanks!!

8. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Re: Using " Melacare " for Skin Lightening?

yea u r right u have been using a drug called Hydroquinone, combined with mometasone & tretinoin, its a demelanizing cream..i haven't tried it but i heard & read a lot about the side effects of this cream... it shud not be used on regular basis for longer period of time..One shud not apply it in the mornings..it shud be applied at bed times only..a sunscreen is must wen using this cream..

u should immediately stop using it....now take some time & use a good moisturizer & sunscreen cream with spf 30 or more till u get your own natural complexion..do not expose to sun & don't go for unnecessary treatments..use raw milk as cleanser twice a day....use natural home remedies to lighten your colour..stay away from all skin lightening products available in the market, most of them contain hydroquinone, which has been banned in several countries. I hope this helps.

Hydroquinone Side Effects - Mercury, Steroids - A Word On Whitening Skin Care

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]If you ask me about skin lightening remedies I will just be able to help you out with my natural face packs which I think are much safer and effective ones. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You can make your own Skin Whitening Recipe at home. Try these recipe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s :[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Saffron And Milk Complexion Enhancing Face Pack:
    Saffron is the most expensive spice in the world and apart from adding flavor to foods it also works as a complexion enhancer. You can mix Saffron with any Face Pack and get an excellent result or you can try this simple recipe for a great Complexion.
    3 Tbsp Milk
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5-6 strands of saffron[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Soak the Saffron strands in milk for sometime (Saffron is water soluble) and apply on your face and rinse off after 20 minutes. Doing this regularly will help you get a clearer complexion.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Chamomile Skin Whitening/Lightening Facial Mask:
    Chamomile is a wonderful Skin Whitener/Lightener. Its safe on skin and easy to prepare. For this recipe you will need-
    3 Tsp Dried Chamomile Flowers
    1 Cup Water
    1 Tbsp honey
    1 Tbsp Rose water(Optional)
    Boil a cup of water and add Chamomile flowers into it. Let it boil for 7-8 minutes. Once it cools down strain it and add honey and rose water to the solution. Apply on your face and neck and rinse off after 15 minutes. Doing this regularly will brighten up your skin dramatically.
    You can store this solution for up to one week in a refrigerator. Make sure you store it in an air tight container.
    Note: Not recommended during Pregnancy
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Papaya, Pumpkin and Pineapple Skin Whitening Face Pack:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    3 tbsp Ripe Pumpkin
    3 tbsp Green Papaya
    2 tbsp Pineapple
    Mix these ingredients together and blend it with the help of a hand blender. Apply this smooth paste on your face and rinse off after 20 minutes.
    If you want to use it as a peel-off mask then try this-
    1 packet Unflavored Gelatin
    1/2 Cup Juice of Pumpkin, Papaya and Pineapple
    Heat(don boil) the ingredients until all the gelatin has dissolved and let it cool.(You can refrigerate it for sometime)
    Spread it on your face and gently peel off after 20 minutes or once you feel you are ready to peel it off. (You can refrigerate this mixture for up to 3 days(only the first one not the peel-off mask)

Arbutin – An Effective Skin Whitening Treatment:
    Most of the skin whitening treatments/products contain Arbutin which is found in Bearberry, Wheat and Pears. Arbutin prevents formation of Melanin and dramatically reduces pigmentation . It is one of the safest Skin Whitening treatments. There are two types of Arbutin, Alpha-Arbutin and Beta-Arbutin. Alpha Arbutin is a biosynthetic ingredient which is supposed to be 10 times more effective than Beta Arbutin(natural Arbutin) that is Bearberry(Uva Ursi) extract.
    Pears Facial Mask
    You can make your own facial mask at home and get rid of pigmentation. Mix a little honey with some paste of pears(pears with skin) ,apply it on your face and rinse off after 20 minutes.

Eat lots of berries and citrus fruits if you are looking for a radiant complexion because these fruits and berries are rich in AHAs(Alpha Hydroxy Acids) which can work wonders on your skin.
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  10. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear
    thanx a lot for the wonderful tips. may i know what is [FONT=&quot]Chamomile Flowers
    [/FONT]