1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Home remedies for NECK & FACE WRINKLES

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Yashikushi, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Suganthi.
    The causes for a dark skin or complexion could be many. Some of the most common ones are -

Heredity - People who have a dark skin often have children who are dark-skinned too. The genes seem to pass on from generation to generation.

Hyperpigmentation - In this condition the skin produces too much of the pigment melanin, causing the skin to become darker than usual.

Skin disorders - Conditions such as Lichen Simplex Chronicus is a skin disorder that causes severe itching that leaves the skin thick, dark and patchy.

Sun rays - Over exposure to sun causes the skin to tan. This is a natural mechanism, wherein to protect itself from the harmful UV rays of the sun, the skin produces more of the pigment melanin which shields the penetration of UV rays into the skin.

The more time you spend out in the sun, the darker your skin pigmentation will become. As a rule, try to avoid going outdoors when the sun is most harmful – which is between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. If venturing out in the sun is a priority, always make sure that your skin is properly moisturized before you leave your house.
    Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and some of its juice can be applied to the affected areas for about ½ an hour before your bath. This should help reduce darkness of neck skin if followed regularly over a period of time. One should also understand that the skin took some time to become dark so reversing the condition will also take a substantial amount of time and will not happen overnight.

There are some home remedies to whiten and soften the skin on your neck. You can make a skin tonic by mixing 3 teaspoons of borax powder, 2 tablespoons of glycerine and 2 cups of rose water. You can also apply this tonic on your arms and shoulders. We also have a recipe for an overnight cream for the neck, throat and shoulders. Mix equal parts of lanolin and butter. Beat them thoroughly in a double saucepan over boiling water. Rub this cream over your neck and shoulders in upward motions. Leave it on overnight and wash it in the morning.

Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.

Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.

Place sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.

Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is a natural bleach.

Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes.

Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.

A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.

Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.

Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.

Other suggestions for Dark Skin

Use a good quality sunscreen when going out in the sun to protect the skin from tanning as well as the sun's UV rays.

Be regular and persistent with the home remedies for skin lightening as suggested above.

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Yashi,
    Thanks for sharing. nice post. I used to give a gentle massage with coconut oil for fine lines under eyes. Also egg white, banana works good. Even ginger juice (ginger+ garlic) is so good. I used to take it twice in a month. Its really good to health also.

3. Yashikushi

Thanks for the additional info Shel.
    You mean ginger + garlic juice to be taken internally.Ya its a very good health tips,as it works as a anti-oxidants.

4. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Yeah have to take it internally. I've posted it in nature cure forum. check it out.

5. suganthiezhil

suganthiezhil Senior IL'ite

hai Yashi,
    Thanks for the reply.Moreover i have a fair complexion but my skin around my neck is only dark.As i am in saudi i have no chance of going out in the sun.But i have this problem for the past 3 years.After going for bleach in the parlour also no improvement.I will try out lemon juice with besan flour from tomorrow.Can i use tomato juice along with that.Should i scrub that area or just apply.Pl help me out.[​IMG]

6. Yashikushi

Suganthi.
    For rubbing you can use exfoliators(best riceflour).Then apply the lemon juice + Besan flour.No need of rubbing,but can do little gentle massage with that.

7. Yashikushi

Ya Shel,sure will check that.

8. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

Thanks for sharing useful info.

veen

9. Yashikushi

Thanks Veen for reading & dropping.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009