1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative to soap?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by BujjiChitti, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sangeetha,

I think this vasanai podi is available in t.nagar Ranganathan Street. Near the Mambalam Railway Station opposite to the Jayachandran Textiles there are some two three shops. I forgot the name. As soon as you see the shop you will know. LIke this manny such kuliyal powders are also available there.
    Love
    Latha :wave

2. lvarada

lvarada Bronze IL'ite

Hi Krishnaamma,
    Nowadays I am alergic to most soaps so end using using only payatham maavu... Can you please give the names of the ingredients in tamil so that I can make it?
    Thanks.

Regards,
    Lalitha

3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hey bujji...

since ur in UK i suggest u use dove...they are made from moisturising cream and are very gentle...or u can try sorbolene cleansing bars

hope it helped =D

4. krishnendu

krishnendu Bronze IL'ite

hi

my skin also very dry as above mentioned...doctor suggested dove soap or any baby soap and to drink more water.now i use dove soap and for the neck,and foot region i use herbal soap since i feel dove not enough to remove dead skin over these area...u can try besan,milk ,turmeric powder mix.....it helps me...include more fresh fruits and veg in your diet....

take care :thumbsup
    krishna

5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Dear Frnds,
    If you are allergic to soaps, you can try these soaps,
    1. Pears oil control- I've used it for more than five years. i dont find any allergic reactions so far.
    2. Johnson baby milk soap- i thought to have a try over this soap. it is good for oily face(mine is oily face) but makes the body dry.
    3. Dove- fresh cream= I tried this soap . no irritation.very soft. only thing iis, i cant use it for face.
    Now changed to my baby soap itself. i use moisturiser after bath so no problem.........

alternate days i use bath powder made of green gram, besan, and orange peel...........

but dont avoid soap completely.............

6. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Krishnamma Madam,

Please give the names in tamil as it will be useful for the people in India, especially in Chennai.

I would like to have a try.

Raji

7. radha9

radha9 New IL'ite

Re: Bavanchalu,kachooralu English names

Hey,
    i came across this post while looking for the english names of these herbs- my mom knew just the telugu version. One question...do these herbs also have some beneficial effects on the skin, besides the cool aroma they give out?
    Do you know the herb vattivellu as well? is that also used similarly in nalugu pindi mixes, or is it more of a hair care herb?
    Appreciate all the info u'v given. hope it heklps me find these herbs in delhi.
    Bye.

8. vinayaka1979

vinayaka1979 Senior IL'ite

besan flour is the best. you could also try using finely ground green gram dal(Paasi paruppu). AS suggested by others try using baby products. They are made to suit sensitive skin

9. SivaranjaniR

SivaranjaniR New IL'ite

Paytham mavu and kadalai mavu(Besan) are the best

10. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Krishnamma Madam

Please give the names of the ingredients in Tamil. As nowadays I have too many allergy problems getting skin infection. Please give the names as early as possible. Also suggest where from we can get all the ingredients.

Thank you in advance.