1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to use cleanser, toner and moisturizer?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sweety, Jan 8, 2007.

1. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

one of my cousin presented me a set of cleanser,toner and moisturiser.
    can u pls say how to use them?
    Thanku

2. chatkara_tasty

chatkara_tasty Bronze IL'ite

dear rupa ,
    cleansing, toning and Moisturizing r the three basic steps of skin care . eveyone should follow these steps twice in a day without any fail .

By cleansing, you remove any dirt, oil, bacteria and makeup.

by toning u close ur pores which generaly opens after cleaning and it removes anything that your cleanser didn’t .it restores the pH level of your skin and it prepares your skin to receive the moisturizer.

Moisturizing this u can choose acordingly to ur skin type like if u hv oily skin go for the non greasy moisturizer . this u should do immediately after applying toner. Moisturizing helps to seal in your skins natural oils and it acts as a barrier between your skin and the environment.

if u do these steps everyday u skin will always remain healthy , fresh and fawless.

3 people like this.
  3. sanju

sanju New IL'ite

tell me

i am using toner(olay refreshing toner) daily at night b4 sleep without doing moist,i have pimples so am not applying any cream due to this.i am doing many remedies to reduce my pimples.sometimes it goes again same trouble with in a week.really i am getting irritation of this.i am using anoos fair & fresh daily once,even using colgate paste at night time keeping it on pimple & washing moring.is toothpaste good for pimples i read it frm net r any side effect if any 1 know plz reply.i need perment solution to my pimples.following tips saw in this site have reduced but again same problem.

4. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Thanku

Glad 2 c ur reply.Definetely i will follow ur suggestions.Can u pls say me the procedure to use them?After fecewash, do we need to apply cleanser, and then toner, and finally moisturiser(one after the another)?
    Thanku for ur advise.
    bye

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rupa,

Just follow what Heena has told you, in the same order. First cleansing, then toning and then moisturising.

If the skin is oily do not use toner. Use an astringent instead.

Latha :wave

6. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sanju,

Do not use anything on your face at night. Leave it free to breathe.
    Keep your skin clean . Wash it regularly. Splash water whenever you can to stop the face from getting oily. Use cleanser for the oily skin and then an astringent if your skin is oily.
    Do you use oil on your hair regularly?? It might also be the reason for the oily skin. Drink lots of water and fruit juices.
    Love
    Latha :wave

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    it is a good thing to do the cleansing etc. every day. You can do this weekly- first cleanse your face with cleanser. Then do steaming. Now pat the skin dry. Then apply toner with cotton wool. Now apply any face mask suitable for your skin type. Remove it when dry. Your skin is sure to glow.

8. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Thanku

Hey Latha
    Thank you for your advise.Surely, i will follow it.
    bye:wave

9. pradeepreddy3

pradeepreddy3 New IL'ite

Re: tell me

Hae Sanju,

You should use cleanser, toner and moisturiser all at a time .

Reason is when u clean your face with cleanser it cleans the surface on your skin . But your pores are not cleaned. So. you must use toner after using cleanser .

Toner cleans the pores as well as maintains your PH-balance of your skin .

Then you have to apply moisturizer. which covers up the pores as well as moisturizes you skin .

There are many brands in market.

But before going for any product there are few points to keep in mind
    1. Whether you skin is "oily or dry or combination"
    2. Whether the product is human skin tested or not .

These are few thing ..
    If you have more quires then you can reply me back .

I can also help you out regarding which brand to purchase .

That all for now.

Hope you got benefited ..

10. godschild77

godschild77 New IL'ite

Re: tell me

I had the same problem ( pimples on my face), then I started cleaning my face with multani mitti every morning. I have it in a powdery form. I make a paste of it and apply it on my face, then leave it until it is dry. Then wash it off with water. It's a good face pack. Whenever I come home from outside , I clean my face with a mild soap ( Just to keep skin clean, free from any dirt). But the face pack of multani mitti really works. I hope it will benifit u too!

Good luck!