1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried Proactiv for acne??

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by happywoman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Has anyone of you tried Proactiv lotion for curing acne ? I want to get some feedback before trying it out.

Is it available in stores or to be bought online.
    Is there any other OTC medication (cream/lotion) for acute acne.
    Let me know

vani

2. shilpashenoym

shilpashenoym New IL'ite

hi there, i had tried proactiv when i went to US In 2004. i had seen their ad on tv and was thinking of buying online. however during a visit to mall, they had put in a stall/special counter. i purchased it there. i found it a bit timeconsuming as it has three lotion packs.however followed the method diligently..Finally, it was of no help to me. Came back to India and sort Medical help. it did not work prob coz my acne was due to hormonal imbalance.

3. rumyar

rumyar New IL'ite

Hi Vani,

Its available online and as well as in some Malls. As shilpa said , some malls have a small counter for proactiv, however when i tried Proactiv, it mad my skin extremely dry and parched, it actually controls the oil secretion to prevent acne, but the skin doesnt look healthy at all due to extreme dryness.

Its best you consult a Dermatologist, cos even i had acute acne and it got better only after taking some pills and altering my diet.

Hope this helps,
    Ramya

4. soni22

soni22 New IL'ite

My sister also used pro-active it didn't helped her either.

5. tetania

tetania New IL'ite

My daughter did and what a waste of money.
    Found some good tips from our ladies here and my daughter is much happier now.
    Instead of mint leaves can she try Tulsi..
    Just wondering..
    Would appreciate a feedback..

6. sindhu

sindhu New IL'ite

but where can i buy proactiv in bangalore?

7. HappyGal

HappyGal Senior IL'ite

I too used proactive for a few months, but it didn't help. My acne seemed to get worse, so just stopped it & changed my food habits & sleep habits & this solved my problem. Just wanted to share my personal experience with proactive.

HG

8. sindhu

sindhu New IL'ite

hey vani...yup proactiv works.and u can buy it online.i bot mine recently :)) but if u cant manage to get it,try any acne gel with a certain amount of benzoyl peroxide in it.tats pretty much whats in proactiv.but DONT use plain benzoyl peroxide directly on your skin.its pretty harmful.let me know if it worked :)

9. lillypad1

lillypad1 New IL'ite

A lot of people have used proactiv so that's why its so popular. However a lot of these people have bad expierences with it. I am one of those people. I found that it was making my acne worse which wasn't suppose to happen! I tried to find other people with the same problems. I just got a bad rash and acne broke out worse. I quit that after about 2 weeks of using and found this better treatment called clearpores. It was basically a miracle compared to proactiv. It works from the inside out. You take a herbal supplement that helps your skin be healthy and free of blemishes. So while washing your face with the products, you are getting help from the inside. It was really a great thing. I'm still using it til this day. I found a coupon at this review at skincleansingsystem.com where I saved a bunch of money on it which was great.

For anyone looking to get rid of acne, good luck and hopefully you find something that will work. Remember your daily habits all have an impact on your acne.

10. sonjabe44

sonjabe44 New IL'ite

When I was receiving a facial several years ago, the esthetician suggested I try the Made from Earth line of products. (And she wasn't trying to sell it to me because they didn't stock this).

I tended to have issues with Adult Acne - annoying large cysts along my jawline and they seemed to last forever. Within a short time of using Made from Earth's Grapefruit Glycolic Scrub, they stopped appearing and I just won't go back to using anything else. I have been using the Grapefruit Glycolic Scrub and the Vitamin Enhanced Moisturizer for at least 3 years now and my skin looks and feels so much better! And the nice side effect is that I don't tend to use as much concealer or base makeup because I don't need to cover much up. For anyone with Adult Acne issues, I recommend trying Made from Earth products. Hope you are as happy with the results!