1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Simple technique for a clearer glowing face :)

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Archnaraj, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

This technique is called a CTM
    Well it is short for Cleansing, toning and moisturizer.

First use a good quality cleanser (I use Lancôme) and wash your face for almost a minute. This is very important to get all the dirt out of the pores.

Second use a mild toner (I would suggest any toner with witch hazel) and wipe your face with a clean cotton pad and wait for a minute or two before you go to the next step. This should be absorbed completely.

Third is to use a mild moisturiser. (I use Simple moisturiser). Apply this in circles around the cheeks and in an upward direction to avoid wrinkles.

You can apply makeup on top of this. If you apply makeup make sure you use a makeup removed at the end of the day before you do the CTM.

I had pores around my nose, cheeks and forehead. I tried a lot of things from
    creams to facials to consulting dermatologist. But this simple technique helped
    me get great result in just the first few weeks. I have been doing this for almost a year now and I can say my skin looks much lighter, clearer and better. :)

I thought I should share this as it can help many just like how it has helped me.
    Please share your comments below. Thanks and Good luck for a clearer skin. :2thumbsup:

4 people like this.

2. Seby

Seby Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for sharing... Surely I will go for it...

1 person likes this.
  3. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Are there any specific Cleansers, Toners and Moisturisers for dry and Oily skin that you can suggest ? My skin is oily on nose and chin but dry on cheeks and forehead.. What products can be used in this case ?

1 person likes this.
  4. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

I would suggest The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser for a combination skin.
    Toner, always go with a one which has witch hazel preferably with tea tree oil and for moisturiser The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer or Simple moisturiser (I use Simple and I have combination skin as well).

I would also suggest to concentrate more on the T Zone in your case (Forehead, nose and chin). Cleanse more on this area to get a more dry effect and use less moisturiser near the nose and chin but do not avoid these areas. Also when applying moisturiser use only 2 or 3 drops for the whole face. That is how much the face requires. apply small spots all over and spread them gently on an upward direction.

2 people like this.
  5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing Archnaraj... Will try and see.

1 person likes this.
  6. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

any suggestions for oily skin? with products like lakme?lotus????Himalaya???
    any indian product???

1 person likes this.
  7. adisum

adisum Gold IL'ite

Thanku @Archnaraj , i will work on these suggestions from today itself

1 person likes this.
  8. Archnaraj

Archnaraj Senior IL'ite

BDivya i have read Neutrogena and Cetaphil are good brands. You can try that.

9. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I've been using Cetaphil regularly since 1.5 years and never want to shift to a regular face wash ever again. Works very well as a face cleanser.

1 person likes this.
  10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

well thinking to give it a try!

1 person likes this.