1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Nose piercing Bump

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Tanu6, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Tanu6

Tanu6 New IL'ite

My nose was pierced forcibly by my mom in law. There is a small purple bump next to the piercing.. I tried aspirin paste for 2 weeks.. It went down a bit but did not go down completely. Can anybody suggest something??

2. chellammu

chellammu Silver IL'ite

Treat an Infected Nose Piercing

Take crushed up aspirin and mix it with lukewarm water (just to where the aspirin is a little mushy, don't make it runny). Then place it on the bump and piercing till it dries. Your best bet is to lie down for about 10 minutes till it dries. I suggest you do that about 2 times a day, even sleep with it on there. How does aspirin help? Aspirin thins your blood, and what that bump is your red blood cells are trying to repair the "wound", so when there's something (jewelry) in the way, it has no where to go except "up", which is why the bump appears. Aspirin will thin the blood and kind of POP the bump. It DOESNT hurt at all!!

Between the "aspirin treatment", you want warm (not scalding hot) STERILE SALT WATER (just boil water in a pan, which will sterilize it). When the water is ready and sterile, you want to take a CLEAN washcloth and dip it in the water, then place it over the piercing and bump. Hold it there till the cloth gets cold.

How to Treat an Infected Nose Piercing: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

3. Tanu6

Tanu6 New IL'ite

Thank you gals.