1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beauty care with Nature products

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by shilpa12345, Apr 27, 2008.

1. sweetoo

sweetoo Silver IL'ite

Homemade Herbal Skin Cleanser & Exfoliator

Content Courtesy: Google

[FONT=&quot]I am switching my skin routine to be about 90% use of Ayurvedic products. I call it my Ayurvedic Challenge I am doing it for the rest of the year.[/FONT]

<!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Aritha powder[/FONT][FONT=&quot], Soapnut Powder (also known as Reetha Powder or Soapnut) Sapindus laurifolia [/FONT][FONT=&quot] is a natural, gentle, effective cleanser and allergen-free contain approximately 12% of Saponin. Soap nut is antibacterial mild foaming agent, exfoliant and cleanser. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]It is100% natural and contain no chemical additives, which makes it a great choice for anyone with sensitive skin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Benefits :[/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Soap nuts help erase fine lines on the face that come with advancing age. [/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Soap nuts are also used to reduce the severity of freckles on delicate skin. [/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]They make excellent cleansers for all types of skin and people who use them for the skin hardly have any allergic reaction[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. A product of pride in the eastern hemisphere, soap nuts have moved into the western regions of the world and won over many admirers because of their effective and gentle action[/FONT].
    ·
    Cleanses the pores and helps the skin breathe better. It also improves the skin texture over a period of usage.
    ·
    Allergy free hence are good for babies, eczema & sensitive skin.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Itchy and dry skin[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is common with mild cases of eczema. But with increasing severity, the skin becomes totally dry, lifeless and may break or bleed. People suffering from eczema are advised to stay away from regular soaps and cleansers that might irritate the skin. But people with extreme eczema are always in trouble. Soap nuts come to the rescue with their gentle cleansing effect. Soap nuts contain a substance called saponins, and these saponins are the reason behind the antimicrobial action of soap nuts. While bathing, use soap nuts instead of regular soaps and see the eczema reduce within a few days. Soap nuts are also odorless when washed away, which eliminates any further possibility of allergy. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A lot of people are extremely sensitive to the mildest of skin products like me. But with soap nuts, you do not have to worry.With regular use, soap nuts also prevent further outbreak of conditions like eczema and psoriasis. A few spoonfuls of soap nut liquid can be used everyday to clean the body. The steady foam is ideal for sensitive skin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How to Make Soapnut Face or Body Cleanser:[/FONT]

<!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Pour approx. 1 litre of water into a cooking pot.[/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->Add about 50g (handful) cracked soap nuts (excluding seeds),10g neem powder,10g holy basil powder( tulsi leaves ), 1tsp of turmeric powder to it.
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot]Cover and boil, then simmer for approximately 30 minutes. The boiling process extracts the saponin from the nut shells and combines with the water.[/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot] Let the infusion cool and you can use it immediately, or let it steep overnight. Strain into appropriate container. The liquid that is left can then be used as face or body cleanser.[/FONT]
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]<!--[endif]-->[FONT=&quot] One can experiment by changing the soapnut shell to water ratio to alter the concentration depending on its use and adding essential oil if appropriate, also a longer cooking time will make the liquid more concentrated.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]How to Make Soapnut Face or Body [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Exfoliater[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Make a paste with [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/2 Tablespoon aritha powder, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/2 tsp sandalwood powder, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 tablespoons multani mitti clay, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/2 tsp powdered rose petals, [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 tsp arrowroot powder [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1/4 tsp neem powder and milk. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Alternatively, you can do a almond nut meal scrub using 2 tablespoons nut meal, 1 tsp honey, 2 tablespoons oatmeal coarse and 1 tsp buttermilk powder. Add water to make a paste. Using a circular motion, massage exfoliating mixture into the skin. Rinse well with warm water.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So, if you are suffering from any skin problem, try the soap nut husk before you switch over to prescribed medicines. Try soap nuts and gather some experience by yourself trusting that if soap nuts are unable to cure your problem then they will at least not worsen the situation.[/FONT]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. abinayaaa

abinayaaa Senior IL'ite

Fruits and skin

DEAR FRIENDS,
    WE COME ACROSS MANY VARIETIES OF FRUITS EVERYDAY AND ADDING IN OUR DIET. SOMETIMES WE EAT THEM, SOMETIMES APPLY THEM ON SKIN. LET US DISCUSS ON FRUITS USES ON SKIN?
    ABINAYAAA:coffee

3. trulypriyaz

trulypriyaz Junior IL'ite

Re: Fruits and skin

hi friends, fruits are very essential for a beautiful skin. i use banana pack once a month. mash a banana and add milk to it. refrigerate it for 15 min and then apply to your face. and massage slightly. and once it gets dry, wash with cold water. your skin will glow.

4. trulypriyaz

trulypriyaz Junior IL'ite

in some cases, when we gain weight, we get blackness around the neck. to get rid of this blackness, take used lemon pieces and rub them daily on and around your neck for about 10min. do this regularly for months together and you will definitely see a change.

5. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends
    thanks for starting this thread i use to make a papaya paste with honey and apply for half an hour another one banana smashed without milk i use to apply. I will try with milk next time
    thanks for guidance
    kantha

6. solvalavan12

solvalavan12 New IL'ite

Peaches are highly emollient and perfect for dry skin types. Papaya is the best for vitamin A, is the best treatment for exfoliating your skin. Banana is a great emollient for your skin and hair. Lemons are used to cleanse and freshen the skin and hair.

7. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

Here is the tips for Fruit Bleach.

Mash 1 piece of Apple, 1 Piece of Orange, 1/2 Lemon juice and add 1/2 sp honey to it and apply it on your face and neck after 10 min remove it with water.

8. aenajones

aenajones New IL'ite

Apples are great skin conditioner and toner. They have an incredible healing powers of skin and beauty aid has been used for centuries. Add a cup of apple juice to your bath to cleanse and soften the skin. Apple juice can be used in breath freshener too. Apple juice during application of hair scalp can prevent dandruff. Use a final rinse after shampooing your hair. It is also useful for acne and pimples.

9. smritipakar

smritipakar New IL'ite

Fruits play very important role for our skin while it can by we eat or apply ,fruit are very good for our skin it can be use for facial,clean up ,bleach, apple,bananas, orange this all fruits are use after crush it in facial.

10. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

I apply mashed banana sometimes. It surely brings a glow on my face.
    Need to try it with milk.