1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

'Cleanup facial' - Is it effective against acne?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by generic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I have extremely oily skin, with pimples all over my face....Recently an acquaintance suggested that I can do cleanup at beauty parlor...I was told that they will first steam the face, then remove the blackheads & whiteheads and then use certain products to cleanup the pores...She told me that if i do 4-5 sittings my pimples will go away... I have a few doubts..
    1.My skin is extremely sensitive...If the skin product does not suit my skin, then I'll get red rashes, like allergy all over my face. So what kind of products do they use for cleanup facial in parlour?
    2.If they remove pus from pimples, wont it cause furthur infection?
    3. Any side effect of this treatment on skin?
    Friends, if any of u have undergone this facial, please please tell me your experience, and whether it was effective or not, and whether you faced any unpleasant side effect like allergy? I have to go to a family get together next month and have to decide whether I should undergo this or not...If everyone sees me with so many pimples they will surely comment on it:(

2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

My suggestion would be don't go for any such treatment if your skin is so sensitive.... This is what helped me to get rid of the pimpled, just dip a cotton wool in rose water and wipe your face before applying your moisturizer(if you apply any and sinceyour skin is oily I would suggest go for a mild moisturizer ) Rose water is a natural toner also so it's all good.

Also apply rosewater+few drops of lemon daily once for 2 weeks and you will see the difference :)

Hope this will help you.

3 people like this.
  3. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Even I apply too rose water+lemon+honey everyday.try it u will find difference

1 person likes this.
  4. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

pls ddont go in for any kind of facial...if ur skin is very sensitive...
    adding chemicals will worsen the skin texture... acne is caused due to oily nature of the skin... wash ur face at regular intervals... also keep in mind to do hair wash regularly coz extrmeely dried /oily scalp also causes acne.. eat healthy food.. avoid junk items... exercise regularly...
    if all u wnat is to remove the white heads... apply a natural scrub like sugar on ur face... and steam ... after 5-7 minutes... try to wipe the black head prone area alone violently with a tissue in agesture to remove the black heads...
    scrub and steam together opens up ur pores n black head removal will be very easy...
    u can even use a blunt tool to scrape the skin(ofcourse without hurting)gently..

4 people like this.
  5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Thanks, pumpkin01 & bhavishya...This is a good tip which I can easily follow.

1 person likes this.
  6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

yes I'm now convinced that i should not go to parlour for cleanup...Don't know what products they will use and what effect they'll have...think it's better to use a steamer available in all medical shops...probably 10-15 mins of steaming should be enough. Actually I get more pimples & whiteheads than blackheads...Have already been following other suggestions mentioned by u...hope regular steaming controls the oil secretion.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Nice tips Pumpkin01, bavishya, nalinidiv

Thanks for sharing

Aloe gel is wonderful for sensitive skin. Apply it and leave on at bed time. It acts as moisturizer and heals the skin from within

3 people like this.
  8. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I used aloe vera gel for sometime...in the beginning it was quite good but of late it has been drying up my skin too much and causes itching sensation:(

9. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi generic

Aloe adds little bit dryness for skin ( esp oily skinned beauties feel too good on this).
    Try home made one and apply it in minute amounts so that it won't irritate your skin.

1 person likes this.
  10. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

I'm a doc, and this is what I want to tell
    1) even extremely oily faces need a good moisturizer. Invest in one.
    My choice- cetaphil moisturizer

Scrubbing is important too as it exfoliates skin. Use mild scrub.
    My choice- neutrogena blackhead removing scrub or clean and clear blackhead cleansing scrub

Homemade scrub for sensitive skin- 1tblsp oats and 2tblsp of yogurt. Mix it well and apply on face. Scrub for 2-3mins and leave it gone for 5more mins then wash off with plain water. Use cetaphil non foaming cleanser if you want after washing off the scrub.

2) use a gentle cleanser since you have sensitive skin. Use minimal chemical products.
    My choice- cetaphil cleanser or sebamed foaming cleanser if you want that squeaky clean face as the cetaphil cleanser is non foaming.

3) dont wash face more than 2-3times. It causes dryness which forces your oil glands to secrete more oil.

4) dont wash your hair everyday or every alternate day. It causes more harm in the long run. Washing hair every 2days is enough if you spend lot of time outside. Otherwise twice a week is enough.

5) sensitive skin requires more care so always lookout for the ingredients in the cosmetics you use on face.

6) rose water toner is excellent for oily n sensitive skin.

7) steaming your face should be done best once or twice a week. No more than that. Also since you have sensitive skin, keep the steam only max. 10mins.

8) salon clean ups are okay to indulge in occasionally but say no to pimple extraction. It may cause spread of infection if done improperly.
    If at all you wish to go for cleanups, choose fresh fruits clean up.
    And always go to a reputed parlor than local ones where the beauticians are not trained well.

Other than these. ... the rosewater lemon and honey tip is useful.

Seems alovera doesnt suit you. Hence avoid that and use freshly made sandalwood paste with kasturi turmeric and rosewater. Apply this as facepack 2times a week. You may add multani mitti to this pack for its oil absorbing properties.
    Kasturi turmeric is natural anti bacterial which kills acne causing bacteria.

Take care.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    3 people like this.