1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Which sunscreen and what SPF level is best for Indian Summers @ Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by meetmeonline, Feb 6, 2014.

1. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I am always confused with the suncreen lotions and cremes. I do use one everyday, but still I am confused as to which SPF level should be used. Moreover, our day creme also comes with SPF level, so is it recommended to use another sunscreen on top of it. I have used Lotus sunscreen, biotique and Lakhme and I do not see much difference. From this forum I came to know that Lakhme Sunscreen do not suit people, will change this next time as currently I am using Lakhme.

Ladies please let me know what SPF level should be used especially for Indian climate and also recommend which brand is better. I usually step out at mid day to reach my office. And should I use same suncreen in hands and legs, or do I need to get a higher SPF formula for hands and legs. Please recommend SPF level based on dermatology recommendation. I am fair skinned and my skin type is normal. So, do we need SPF based on skin colour. Please share all information and points that we need to remember while shopping for a Sunscreen lotion or creme.

Thanks
    Sharmistha

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

It is very difficult to chosse a proper sunscreen for indian summers... we have to try many brands small samples before finalizing one.. i use spf 30 and above.. lotus is good for me.

3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Friends I have a basic doubt I have never used sunscreen till now. But want to start using as this time summer seems to be intense as it already is too hot and am getting rashes if i go out in sun. For face do you use a cream which has sunscreen? How do you apply it on face? do u use powder/compact after applying? Do you use it along with your regular creams and makeup?

4. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I am using Lakme SPF30 in Hyderabad. I apply it on top of my regular cream, 15 mins before going out. No topping with powder/compact. My skin is dry so it looks normal by the time I reach my destination.