1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Take care of your teeth also

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Grace3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Any ideas / home remedies to whiten teeth ?? A whitening treatment at the dentist costs sooooooooo much ........Drowning
    Please suggest ways to improve teeth colour , which has yellowed due to tea/coffee intake.

Thanks.

2. ashukrishna

ashukrishna Bronze IL'ite

hi grace...
    i like to share tip ..

u need to brush ur teeth twice its of sure...
    thn once in 3 days ... take half lime juice add salt (make it a precipitate).. use ur fore finger n apply on ur teeths as if u brush... (ofcourse it 'll b sour) leave it for 5-7 mins... ,
    give gentle massage to ur teeth gums-(helps in removing dirts, from gums, n corners)...thn u can wash of ...

do tis b4 brushing...slowly after 2 wks u make tis at every sunday...
    sure 'll see a gud result...
    cheers!!!
    asu

3. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Dear Grace.

For sparkling Teeth, Use 1 table spoon salt mixed with a few drops of mustard oil or soda bicarb. and rub this mixture gently on ur teeth or use lemon juice mixed wiht a little table salt. Any of these will give a Sparkle to your teeth...

Hope it is helpful. Suni :p

4. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much ashu and suni : such simple tips , can start following right away !! :biggrin2: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5. nasrin

nasrin New IL'ite

hi,

thanks for your tips.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  6. recipiesdirect

recipiesdirect Bronze IL'ite

It's no surprise that a bright, white smile makes you appear younger and more attractive. But the mouth is also the gateway to the body, which means the state of your teeth and gums affects your overall health. Follow these seven steps to a better smile.
    1. Brush regularly.
    Brushing is the cornerstone of dental hygiene. It removes food particles that bacteria feed on, cleans teeth, and freshens breath. A toothpaste with fluoride helps strengthen teeth, but you must brush for at least two minutes to allow it to do its work, says Jonathan Abenaim, DDS, a dentist in private practice in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hawthorne</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">N.J.</st1:State></st1:place> Many electric toothbrushes have a built-in two-minute timer, which can make brushing for the full amount of time easier, he says.
    2. Floss daily.
    Flossing removes the bacteria from in between your teeth that your toothbrush does not reach, which helps prevent gum disease. flossing twice a day, but if you only do it once daily, be sure to floss before bedtime. When you sleep, you produce less saliva, which leaves teeth and gums particularly vulnerable to bacteria.
    3. Visit your dentist.
    Visit your dentist at least twice a year for thorough cleanings. Your dentist can spot the early signs of gum disease, which is more easily treated when caught in the beginning stages. If you are prone to gum disease and cavities, consider visiting your dentist every four months.
    4. Eat a healthy diet.
    Include plenty of dairy and other calcium-rich foods, like sardines and kale, in your diet. Calcium helps maintain strong bones and teeth, and the vitamin C in citrus fruits boosts gum health.
    Equally important to what you do eat is what you don't. Sugary and sticky foods that stick to the crevices of your teeth are particularly bad, as bacteria feed off the sugars and release acids that cause cavities. If you do eat candy or other sweets, try to brush immediately afterward or, if that's not possible, rinse your mouth with water.
    5. Whiten teeth.
    Speak to your dentist before undergoing any whitening procedure to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy.
    6. Consider cosmetic procedures.
    The first thing a person sees when they meet you is your smile, and having crooked, stained, or missing teeth can affect your confidence. There have been great advances in cosmetic dentistry over the past decade, and it is possible to fix most cosmetic problems. offered.
    However, most cosmetic dentistry is not covered by insurance, and it can be costly. It's important to schedule a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist prior to undergoing any type of procedureBig Laugh

7. recipiesdirect

recipiesdirect Bronze IL'ite

It's no surprise that a bright, white smile makes you appear younger and more attractive. But the mouth is also the gateway to the body, which means the state of your teeth and gums affects your overall health. Follow these seven steps to a better smile.
    1. Brush regularly.

Brushing is the cornerstone of dental hygiene. It removes food particles that bacteria feed on, cleans teeth, and freshens breath. A toothpaste with fluoride helps strengthen teeth, but you must brush for at least two minutes to allow it to do its work, says Jonathan Abenaim, DDS, a dentist in private practice in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Hawthorne</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">N.J.</st1:State></st1:place> Many electric toothbrushes have a built-in two-minute timer, which can make brushing for the full amount of time easier, he says.
    2. Floss daily.

Flossing removes the bacteria from in between your teeth that your toothbrush does not reach, which helps prevent gum disease. flossing twice a day, but if you only do it once daily, be sure to floss before bedtime. When you sleep, you produce less saliva, which leaves teeth and gums particularly vulnerable to bacteria.
    3. Visit your dentist.

Visit your dentist at least twice a year for thorough cleanings. Your dentist can spot the early signs of gum disease, which is more easily treated when caught in the beginning stages. If you are prone to gum disease and cavities, consider visiting your dentist every four months.
    4. Eat a healthy diet.

Include plenty of dairy and other calcium-rich foods, like sardines and kale, in your diet. Calcium helps maintain strong bones and teeth, and the vitamin C in citrus fruits boosts gum health.
    Equally important to what you do eat is what you don't. Sugary and sticky foods that stick to the crevices of your teeth are particularly bad, as bacteria feed off the sugars and release acids that cause cavities. If you do eat candy or other sweets, try to brush immediately afterward or, if that's not possible, rinse your mouth with water.
    5. Whiten teeth.

Speak to your dentist before undergoing any whitening procedure to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy.
    6. Consider cosmetic procedures.

The first thing a person sees when they meet you is your smile, and having crooked, stained, or missing teeth can affect your confidence. There have been great advances in cosmetic dentistry over the past decade, and it is possible to fix most cosmetic problems. offered.
    However, most cosmetic dentistry is not covered by insurance, and it can be costly. It's important to schedule a consultation with an experienced cosmetic dentist prior to undergoing any type of procedure. Big Laugh

8. hasini123

hasini123 New IL'ite

yup..these tips will surely make a difference if you follow them on a regular basis..

hasini..:cheers

9. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi thx for those good tips
    rgds
    shrutirupa

10. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

help me to improve my teeth color

hi frnds
    i brushed my teeth very hardly but my teeth is yellow.mainly inbetween teeths and one seperate teethe had grown in between2 teeths.its always yellow.if i forced to brush my teeth means blood is coming.i brush many times but still no change in that yellow color.i tried salt and lemon even to brush my teeth.pls help me.....

my front teeth had lightly broken.hence i avoided smiling after that incident.how can i make my teeth like original as before.pls help me.i really lost my smile.is it expensive to solve.

1 person likes this.