1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I getting under eye wrinkles in early 30's?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Rakhii, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am totally stumped. I have an 18 month old and I am a full time working woman. I am 31...I just recently started getting under eye wrinkles and I am unable to know why or how to go about it.

Can some one please guide me? If there is an existing thread, can anyone please point me in that direction?

thanks a TON!

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Are you sure they are wrinkles? Most creasing under the eye has always been there. We just notice it more when we are tired or stressed. Try looking at your older pictures, chances are you will notice the creases were already there.

To protect your eyes or prevent future damage, three things are a must --

1. A retinoid based eye cream to increase collagen production.
    2. A vitamin-C serum to maintain the moisture balance around the eyes. Look for L-Ascorbic acid as one of the main ingredients.
    3. A good sunscreen to be used daily. No skipping even on cloudy days. I like La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 face fluid.

Use in the order listed at least once a day. If using at night also, skip the sunscreen. It will take up to six weeks to notice a significant difference.

2 people like this.
  3. Titanium001

Titanium001 Silver IL'ite

I agree with the above reply. A good eye cream and sunscreen without fail will solve your problem to a great extent.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Gauri, first of all, I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have reset my subscription and should now receive notifications when I get a reply.

Thanks for the tips. I changed my cleanser and toner from Loreal. Threw that thing in a bin! It did a big load of nothing.
    I bought Clinique under eye corrector; yes it is retinoid based apparently. When I bought it, I didnt know but thankfully, its what you said it should have.
    It doesn't say vitamin-C enriched but when I applied under eye, it instantly provided a cooling/rich feeling. So, I am guessing it is vitamin-C based. Let me check the pack again.

I also bought Clinique cleanser and Toner for oily skin. Been 4 days since I started...have to wait and see for the results.

This la Roche, is it oily? I am not using anything other than Vichy right now, which leaves my skin very oily.

5. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Aslo try taking 1 dates everyday. Iron deficiency can also create under eye wrinkles. Try it out. All the best.

6. Rakhii

That's such a wonderful tip! Thanks Vidu.

7. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hey Rakhii,

How are you dear?. 1 more tip. Water. Yes drink loads of water to prevent wrinkles. and also take cool cucumber and slice them and put them on top of your eyes to get some rest. Sleep well :).

sweety

1 person likes this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nope it isn't oily. It dries to a matte finish.

For a good vitamin C eye serum, try Murad or Ole Henricksen. Both are available at Sephora. I think Canada has Sephora too, right?

1 person likes this.
  9. Rakhii

hi sweety, good love. You? Been long time...hope you are coping with housefull well.
    Thanks a lot for the tips! Yes...I sure need constant reminders to drink plenty of water :(
    Sephora is availble in canada...yes.
    thanks Gauri