1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Scrub only twice a week?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by shinara, Mar 24, 2013.

1. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Why we should not use scrub more than two or three times a week? I use rice flour+curd for scrubbing. Is it harmful if i use it in alternative days? Please anyone help me...

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

scrubbing is the process to remove the exfoliated skin on face. It reveals the deeper healthy looking skin which is very delicate and any effect on it may last for long time. For example pigmentation, Melasma etc
    hence it is generally not advised to do once rarely twice a week depending on the skin type

Moreover , black heads & white heads leaves skin pores to open after scrubbing hence they need their time to heal. So scrubbing the skin especially facial skin should not be so often.

Daily cleansing the face pref., twice or once a day is sufficient followed by moisturizing

* Rice flour + curd is a good scrub, you can use it if your skin likes
    You can be more creative and can add a pinch of Kasturi turmeric or orange juice or honey.
    Alternatively, Use besan + curd

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. mrkdurga

mrkdurga Junior IL'ite

natural scrub in not harmful when compared to those chemical products .. as a human we get to use the handy products as it gives faster results ... the main purpose of scrubbing is to remove the dead cells that lay on our outer skin layer .. if you get to do it continuously your skin ll be deprived of any natural oils which would result in excess secretion ...

4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

yea u r correct. once i did continuous scrubbing for 1 wk. my skin became very fairer and the texture was really awesome. but the skin was so oily...