1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

do expired body lotions and body oils cause harm?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Happy2be, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

I have a vaseline body lotion with sunblock and another sunblock lotion, which as per date have expired months ago...Only half of the bottles have been used. Their fragrance and texture is still intact and the results are just fine. Can I keep using them or not.
    And sarso/mustard oil. Does that too expire, in respect to using for body massage before bath or for hair massage?

2. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

It is best advisable not to use body lotion or any other moisturizer/lotion that has expired. Since these are for your skin, why do you want to take a chance? This is the only reason that I always buy the small bottle and if I need more, they are always available in any shop. Off late, I have been using the Parachute Advanced Deep nourish body lotion...the smaller one. This also helps you know if the lotion suits you, if you like the texture, the smell etc.

3. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

They are harmful as their oil separates ..it may look all fine and innocent..but it's really not worth it. Pure mustard oil should not 'expire' in the regular sense..but i doubt if u get anything so pure as our grandmas used to get. Its best to buy small packs as suggested by Aruna or throw it away if its past expiry. Infact I don't use any cosmetic product that's older than 2 years because we live in a hot, tropical country where things go bad easily.

1 person likes this.
  4. meja

meja Gold IL'ite

I agree with everyone, never take risk with expired products, it would cost you more when something bad happens.