1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Olive Oil or Almond Oil?? Which is best on skin??

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Sowmya2709, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I was just going through the collection of tips by saroj in this Forum.. While going through a thread for getting skin glow and i came across mixing castor oil and almond oil treatment..

Actually, am planning to mix castor oil, almond oil, coconut oil and olive oil and apply it before bath. Will it work to get a healthy and smoothy skin? Which one is best olive or almond oil??

Also, I came across Avacado oil? Is it available in India?

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

did i caused any muddiness by giving that bulk of tips????:rotfl

:hide::bonk

CONTENT COURTESY:
    www.livestrong.com

Rejuvenating your skin with natural products is a cost-effective way to take care of your body from home.Before you select which oil you would like to use to rejuvenate your skin, you need a basic understanding of what each one does

Castor oil is a highly emollient oil- the perfect skin care product as it is naturally rich in anti-oxidants and works as a deep conditioner to heal both skin and hair. Because of castor oil's healing qualities, it is often use to soothe skin disorders reduce painful dry skin, itching and calluses, eczema psoriasis and can help to thicken hair and reduce hair loss.
    CosmeticsInfo.org states that one use of castor oil and its derivatives is as a cleansing surfactant. This means that castor oil helps water to mix with oil and dirt in order to wash them away easily. Unlike other cleansers that contain man-made chemicals such as sodium laureth sulfate, castor oil is very similar to skin's natural oils and won't strip away moisture to clean.

Almond oil can be used to cleanse or moisturize skin, as a massage oil or as a carrier oil when combined with essential oils for aromatherapy. Rich in vitamin E, minerals and protein, almond oil is appropriate for most skin types

Asian people and people in the Pacific regions have used Coconut oil for skin care for centuries.
    Using coconut oil for skin care removes dead skin cells, prevents the development of liver spots, protects against sunlight exposure, prevents wrinkles, firms the skin, repairs damaged skin tissue, softens the skin and gives the skin an overall healthy glow. In some instances, coconut oil penetrates the skin's natural lipid barriers to heal underlying skin damage. Coconut oil also possesses antiseptic properties to prevent fungal and bacterial infections such as acne, herpes and warts.

Olive oil has been known to have many benefits, whether it is taken orally or used externally on the body. It is a natural alternative to products containing harsh, man-made ingredients and has fewer side effects. Some of the benefits of olive oil on the skin include
    moisturizing dry skin(Though olive oil does not tend to work the best with oily, combination, or very sensitive skin, it works wonders for dry skin)capable of restoring natural moisture to the skin and it can also firm, tone, and smooth the skin
    diminishing acne scars and stretch marks and helping with aging and wrinkles.

My one and only choice is coconut oil as I'm wonderfully benefited by that.
    "Too much of anything is good for nothing"
    My advise would be
    Better choose any one of them(can mix with essential oils) that suits your skin regime and get the most benefits from it.

Avacado oil available in India
    Try in Spencer's Daily super market.
    Thanks.

4 people like this.
  3. Sowmya2709

:thankyou saroj for your detailed and informative reply.. Will do as per ur suggestion.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Mine is a Normal skin(Neither too dry nor too Oily), I have used both Almond and Olive oil. My vote would be for Almond oil. Olive oil made my skin look too dull and oily :). Hope it helps

2 people like this.
  5. Sowmya2709

Thank you brahan.. Even am thinking of going for coconut+almond oil... Even Castor oil is in list, but since it looks sticky, am bit confused..:roll:

6. ArunaRSanthosh

ArunaRSanthosh Platinum IL'ite

which brand almond oil do u use?

7. ArunaRSanthosh

Saroj

After applying coconut oil how many mins to leave and wash with what??how often i can do it??

8. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

1/2 hr (normal/oily skin)
    1 hr(dry skin)....In case of dry skin you will wonder after 1/2 hr,as there won't be any sign of oilness in your body...Coconut oil has that much absorbent property.

Give lil circulatory massage all over your body.So that the oil will be absorbed.
    being non-greasy,you can use your ordinary soap after the oil massage.

Once a week will do as I'm doing so.

But for Eyebrows,I use to apply n massage every night.:):):)

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  9. ArunaRSanthosh

Thanks a lot saroj..

I have another doubt, for dark circles how can i use coconut oil??is it effective??give procedure for tat also plz..

10. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I use dabur