1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Best place to get Microdermabrasion and chemical peels in Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by prajju08, Jun 7, 2012.

1. prajju08

prajju08 New IL'ite

Hi all!
    This is my first post in this forum.

I am now 22 and i have been suffering from acne since past 7 years. I have taken treatment on and off from around 4-5 dermatologists in these 7 years.The medications do help me clear up but again after 6 months or so I get new flareups. Anyway now I got used to this and take treatment only when required.

Right now Iam on treatment since past 4 weeks (oral azithromycin(pulse therapy)+topical clindamycin 1% and Retin AC) My face is slowly clearing up. My doc advised me to get Microdermabrasion and chemical peels done when the active lesions clear up.So please suggest a good place for that and also the approximate costs for the procedures.

Thanks in advance.

2. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    It is better you consult apollo hospitals..they are skilled.. Micro derma is cheap and chemical peels are bit costly.. i tried micro derma for scar removal and it did not work much..i guess your age is less ,why dont you wait for an year and see.

1 person likes this.
  3. prajju08

prajju08 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot lakshmi.I will take your suggestion.(Actually,I have been to Yashoda for consultation though not for any procedure.)

In fact rather than the scars I do have red hyperpigmented spots on my face(my fair complexion makes them even more conspicuous,they do fade off with time ,say an year or so but by the time one goes off I get 10 new ones) which embarass me a lot and I am even unable to concentrate 100% on my studies because of this problem.It hurts my morale and I am unable to deal with this anymore.I will be very happy if these spots fade off with the treatment atleast if not the scars.(In fact I expect only that as my doctor informed that I need to get laser shots for scars and pits) . If someone who underwent these procedures for a similar problem , please share your experiences regarding the center(located any where,just for many others with similar problem to benefit),skill of the staff,minimum number of sittings and the cost. Please contribute as I dont want to waste my parents' hard earned money on some worthless quacks.

4. ivlakshmi

Hi,

Chemical peel is for removing black marks on skin.. upper layer of skin will be removed.. it takes 6 sittings each costing around 1000 based on parlor.. I dont think it will reduce the pimples..My friend took it in kaavya skin clinic near kondapur (this is not kaya but a new cllinic which does bit cheaply)..results were great but she did not have any pimples. Pits wont reduce much..
    Let me suggest you some thing.. drink lot of water, avoid oily foods, do atleast 10mins of excercise daily..if u dont get ur periods then also these sort of problems come..
    There is one ayurvedic clinic called elchur ayurvedam..they have ayurvedic solutions for skin problems..all are natural remedies..(skin packs available)..
    ANDARIKI AYURVEDAM
    try consult doctor and try it for some time say 2-3mons instead of going to this invasive procedures..
    I have pits but they are not clearing becoz of my laser hair removal.

1 person likes this.
  5. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

actually if ur skin in acne prone den u ll still get it after the procedure. first try to find out the cause of ur acne. is it cos of dandruff? or is it cos u hav oily skin or is it cos of the cosmetics u use etc... try to adress the cause of the problem rather than the effect. otherwise u ll jus be hopping from doctor to doc and procedure to procedure.

1 person likes this.
  6. prajju08

prajju08 New IL'ite

@lakshmi

Thanks again for the details. :thankyou2:

Regarding ayurvedic medicine, I tried homeopathic medicine for one complete year and did not notice any sustained improvement.My problem persisted all the way and even became severe whenever I start the drug and then dimnish for that month, only to recur when I start the next month's course, leaving behind many marks on my face(the doctor said their medicine increases the problem before controlling it . Hence I experimented for one whole year:bonk).So now, needless to say, I am skeptical about opting for an alternate stream of therapy.However, I will try this in future if my current treatment doesn't work out. (My doctor (the 5th one) suggested I may need to get a course of Isotretinoin if present thing is unable to give long term remission.I am however scared to take this drug because of its side effects and may be try ayurveda before that.)

7. smartgirl83

smartgirl83 Silver IL'ite

Dear Prajju,

Read your post.....even i had the same problem earlier.....i consulted many doctors here in Hyd but nothing worked....Dr. Aurangabadkar is very very famous for skin treatments....for me also he gave good treatment.....but the results didn't last long.....and i had exactly the same problem.....but since i had my marraige...i had to get rid of this..

Fortunately.... i came across with a doctor Dr. Bharti Magoo...from Mumbai....she was like an angel.....who helped me come out of this frustation...her charges are high but she is awesome.....do let me know if you are interested to meet up with her....i will forward you her details.

Regards,

Smartgirl

2 people like this.
  8. ivlakshmi

Hi Smartgirl,
    Did u get chemical peels done? I want to get rid of my open pores problem... pls let me knw the doctors details

9. prajju08

prajju08 New IL'ite

Re: Acne marks :Best place to get Microdermabrasion and chemical peels in Hyderabad

Hi smartgirl, thanks for the reply.
    Please do give me the details of the doctor(dr. Bharti).What was the treatment she gave u and for how long?Does it work for my case, I have cystic nodular acne from past 7 years?I am not based in mumbai so it might be difficult and expensive for me to travel there frequently for the treatment. So, please tell me about her line of treatment so that I can consult her if it suits me.

10. prajju08

prajju08 New IL'ite

Please give me the details. I cant send a private message to you as I dont have the required post count.Btw who is Dr. Aurangabadkar?

thanks.