1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to select a compac.... plz help me

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by jhansidevikanna, May 23, 2012.

1. jhansidevikanna

jhansidevikanna Junior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am medium fair in color but u knw when i apply a compac or foundation or anykind of facial product my skin look dark :hide: & not natural.

Even my friends say the same ven i apply it....

i gotto attend marriage cumg week,, plz plz plz suggest me gud compac apart from lakme, revlon, chambor, loreal... i hav tried it on my skin & its not working :cry:.

regards,
    jdk

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Jhansi,

I think, it the wrong shade that makes you look dark or un natural.

Pick a compact and apply it to the back of your wrist and see if the shade blends with your natural complexion- If yes, then that is the right shade of compact.

Moisturize your face and neck well and apply a liquid foundation if you like, gently pat with a sponge dipped in ice water and then apply the compact on your face and neck( all the exposed area)
    This would give a natural look to your face.

A mild lip stick in mauve or brown shades , subtle eye-make up and you shall look great in the marriage.:)

All the best and please come back and share your experience.:thumbsup

3. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi! i think the problem is not in the brand but in the colour of the foundation u select, u need to test the colour before buying. second reason could be u r overdoing the makeup, u need to apply soft touch and not paint the face, its good to wipe the face with a cotton to remove any excess makeup after u r done.
    try to go in for a shade lighter than ur skin .

4. jhansidevikanna

jhansidevikanna Junior IL'ite

Thanks dears,

i hav consulted dermatalogist for the same.... she is saying that ur skin tone is such that ven u apply makeup, it will goddy....... she suggested me to b natural..

i have tried many compac due to disbut failed many times & top of it, i found i wasted lots of money.....

Naturally my face is bit oily and not dry.......

Did anyone had the same prob & how u came out of it??

5. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

I am also facing same problem.
    I guess when the oil coming out from skin mixes with the powder the powder becomes darker.
    Other reason might be that my skin color is slightly pale compared to pinkish compacs so skin seems to turn darker after application.
    Can't think of anything else.
    I have started applying the white powder periodically on face, which looks better than compac.
    Waiting to hear more from others..