1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Silky Smooth skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by NGayu, Jun 9, 2011.

1. NGayu

NGayu New IL'ite

Dear All,

I have a friend ( not so close) who keeps her skin so silky shiny, i tried askin her that tip.. but that remains secret. :coffee

can someone say me how to get a skin so silky and gleamy...

i have a clear normal skin, i have never been to a parlour for my skin. but now i really want to do something.. can someone advice?:bowdown

Cheers,
    Gayu

2. ArthiVijay

ArthiVijay New IL'ite

Dear Gayu , :)

For Getting Silky smooth Skin do the following :
    1.Apply warm coconut oil 1/2 an hour before bath
    2.Have a nice bath in warm water . Not cold water - cos it will dry out your skin .
    3.Use Bengal gram , Green gram & Milk mixed combo instead of soap
    4.Damp the skin with Vaseline total moisturiser in gentle circular motion with little massage .

Above All drink lots of Water & Fruit juices daily .

Surely You will achieve silky smooth Skin.....

GoodLuck

Cheers,

Arthi.V. :thumbsup:-)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

nice tips arthi!

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Try a lotion mask after you wash your face. Works wonders.

You might also try the oil cleansing method once in a while instead of soaps/facewashes etc if you struggle with whiteheads/blackheads/open pores. It works like a charm to get rid of them.

PinkRubies likes this.
  5. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dhaanika
    Thanks for the tip.
    I read through the oil cleansing method and am daring to try it on my combination skin... Fingers crossed.... I wish to get rid of whiteheads :(
    Have you personally tried it? What was ur experience. Pls share. Wud love to know :)

6. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Yup. I've been using it a for long time.

Castor oil has strong anti-bacterial properties, so even if its an oil, it won't clog up your pores or cause acne if that's your worry. And oil dissolves oil (sebum, the stuff, among other things that whiteheads are made up of), so this method works.

I mix it with almond oil, in a ratio of either Castor oil:Almond oil = 1:3 or 1:2 depending on how dry my skin is feeling. The rule of thumb is, the more Castor oil you use, the more dry your skin is going to get. You could use either jojoba oil, almond oil, or evoo (I haven't ever used evoo as I find it too heavy for my skin). I've mostly used the Now brand oils, you can order them from amazon, or find them in health food stores.

Just wash your face, dry it, massage in this mixture of oils (a quarter size amount in your palm is enough), and just let it all soak up in your skin. You will be amazed with how much of it your skin will just absorb. As it absorbs, steam up a wet soft washcloth in the microwave, and put it on your face. As it cools on your face the steam will open up your pores, and as the washcloth cools, just wipe off your face with it and you're done, or if you have time, repeat the cycle twice for better results. You'll find the whiteheads coming up to the surface of your skin or feel it in your fingers (sorry, TMI!) as you massage the oils in if you do it after a steam.

Don't be scared to try it, I find this method works way better than face washes that use soap to re-balance my skin.

1 person likes this.
  7. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Okie then:)...You have pumped in courage into me...will surely try it ..very eager to try it infact...just need to order some castor oil...will try n let u know...
    Cheers!

8. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

9. AnjanaSawant

AnjanaSawant Gold IL'ite

Hi Dhaanika,

I am having one doubt about this oil cleasing method in my mind its regading hair growth on face... will this method cause hir growth on face ?

Also if you can give some method to get out of black pimple marks, will be helpful.

10. sruthymanohar

sruthymanohar New IL'ite

Hey gals...i have found one effective way to make skin soft and shiny...Mix egg white with curd and few drops of lemon juice..Apply it on your face and sleep with it overnight..Your face will look so fresh next morning....egg makes ur skin soft,while curd adds glow to your skin...it is very effective..u can see its effects within 2 days..tel me how it worked... ​

1 person likes this.