1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

does facial help

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Mahajanpragati, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i was wondering whether facial are really helpful or just waste of time & money.many of my friends don't get it done as they feel that an average beauty parlour is not hygenic & treatments ususlly leads to pimples & other skin problems.the good & so called branded parlours charge a lot & not all towns & cities boast a branded parlour.

personally i find it soothing & relaxing but still don't find time to get it done on regular basis.then the whole purpose gets defeated if u r getting it done only once an year.

many of the old ladies of my mom's generation who used to get facial done still have glowing & firm skin unlike my mom u has no (super)facial outer glow only the inner one:)

so what do u ladies say.does facial really help .pls ,pour in ur responses
    pragati

2. sridevi101

sridevi101 Senior IL'ite

you apply oil on your face night and wash off as you wake up in the morning. this is a best facial. also eat good food, no junkies, drink more water.. people want to spend money in thing like this . and apply chemicals on face. this has become a fashion.

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I am in the U.S and usually I don't get anything done in parlors (even when I was in India) as I am not very conscious.Recently I had to go to an interview and felt my face didn't have any glow so I went to a parlor and paid so much money to get the basic facial done.result was just ok...but My face had this smell of her hands( sorry to say this)... which I didnt like.The facial was not too drastic considering it was just basic,which was very costly.

It would be the same in India....so I suggest you to do it at home....here is what you can do....(do it once a week and your face will be as glowing as your mom's friends' face)

Cleanse your face first with regular cleansing lotion ( maybe containing aloe Vera )...if not you can use just milk on a cotton ball.
    Take little bit of water in a vessel and steam your face....don't wipe off
    Then take exfoliating scrub (apricot will be good...or any other you like) and scrub your face for about 2-3 min
    If you have blackheads...use blackhead strips you get in market..it's simple to use.

Then for face mask...I used this just yesterday..and the result was amazing:thumbsup. I accidentally got some of it on my sleeve...and it got bleached...so take care to wear some rags...

Take 1 tablespoon of rolled oats,half tomato and 1 tablespoon of lemon and grind everything.apply it on face for 20 min.all three of them have bleaching properties and very healthy for skin too.

Finally use some good moisturizer cream.

The best facial is with natural products and you get all creams in beauty care shops.if you need the sequence...it is
    Cleansing,toning,exfoliating and moisturizing..but I follow the above.good luck.don't forget to give the feedback after you do it:cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    thanks for the lovely tips.

my purpose of this thread was different though i sure would try the tips but............
    i just want to know ladies who have been doing or getting facial done regularly find it beneficial.

i get it done hardly twice a year & wonder is it worth the effort & trouble.

pragati

5. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

I guess if facials are done in the proper way ( by trained beauticians ) it might hep..B'cause I've noticed that my friends who get facials requlaly have firm skin especailly in the chin area but I am already seeing sagging skin on my face:drowning ( I 'm not a fan of salon treatments)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  6. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

thanx for the tips dear

7. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

They surely help as the regular schedule of exfoliating, massaging, moisturizing, getting rid of blackheads and cleaning out pores helps renew your skin quicker and helps it stay more supple. If you're really disciplined about it, it shows in the long term.

I know because I never did it until I hit my early 30's but it was beginning to show on my skin. Then, I started doing it regularly now for about 2-3 years, and its made a big difference. Your skin is really forgiving in your 20's, but it begins to show the signs of all that abuse one hurls at it over time!

Facials won't help overnight if one generally has bad skin-habits though like not cleaning up at nights, not moisturizing, not using sunscreen, not drinking enough water, not getting enough sleep, not eating well etc.

It takes discipline :)

8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Got to say....these words are golden:bowdown yep no miracles happen over night and also the facials that we get in parlours, you have to choose the right one that suits your skin, and the right person to do it..for that to happen you have to experiment what suits you best....ofcourse when you are expermenting go for something very very natural or minimal life a face clean up facial etc....

I dont get bleaching done..inspite of my parlour lady telling me several times..because I personally dont want that instant glow..am happy with the slight bleaching that happens when we use fruit juices on our face...also if we apply honey on our faces atelast once in a week we see a hugee difference so why go for instant bleach andd fairness??

Also when you go for facials, you can carry a vegetable or fruit juice that suits your skin. just blend the veggies or fruits at home and take the juice so that the aesthetician can use that instead of water while massaging with cream...this is like an additonal boost...again natural one though...

MAJOR thing here is...realising what suits your skin, and using more of it....making it a routine...frequently...and yes as Dhaanika mentioned..Discipline always yields great results...

if the face massage is done properly it really helps to keep the face muscles relaxed and tightened...

9. shebu

shebu New IL'ite

dear,

never apply oil if your skin type is oily,normal or combination.it will lead to pimples.oil suits only for dry skin.
    i use to do facial in parlour once or twice in an year only if ther is any marriage function.but every time exactly after 4 weeks of the facial done , pimples are coming out. i dont know why?

1 year back i was doing facial aat my home only using everyuth cleanser scrub n mask once in two weeks.the result was not so much amazing.but some differences wer there. keeping the skin normally glowing without any pimple n whie heads i mean healthy skin ,thats all.

10. juliadesusa

juliadesusa New IL'ite

After some Period of Age you have to go for facial in some regular time period. Because after the age of 30 our skin will getting wrinkles,And the elasticity of our skin will decrease as the age will increase so you have to take care of your skin for your personality. By doing facial the dead skin cell will also remove.And your skin become blowing. At this way facial will helps you.