1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lakme Perfect Radiance or Ponds White Beauty?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by swaran, Oct 20, 2010.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hiiiiii :hiya

Lakme's perfect radiance-daily use cream is latest in market...they claim to give glowing skin,remove tan this tat...have lotus extracts
    i feel this is kinda a competitor to Ponds white beauty...

how many of u have tried both or atleast the perfect radiance of lakme...i just bought the small pack of Lakme perfect radiance..have been using ponds white beauty for the past 1 year and feel its better compared to all fairness creams that have come till date..White beauty gives a matte effect and gives good glow to face which suits my skin as i have a oily skin and white beauty controls oiliness

now since lakme has come in market,before using i would like to know whether this is better than ponds in giving better brightness,improves skin tone and mainly whether it gives a matte effect or oily effect...

Please pour in ur views

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I have used this ponds white beauty.It resulted in instant fairness.I got scared thinking it has some dangerous bleach substance.Using a bleach occasionally is not a problem.But daily usage is not good.Hence I stopped using Ponds white Beauty

1 person likes this.
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi rajalakshmi
    thanks for ur first feedback
    but i believe white beauty doesn't have very dangerous chemicals...y i saw is my skin is too sensitive and also it would immediate show the effects if i use any creams with moderate chemicals and that too after a year,if still i could see no prob on my skin,i feel the cream is safe...thats my personal opinion

so have u tried the lakme cream?...any reviews?

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Iam yet to try Lakme cream.I will let you for sure:thumbsup

5. nishatw

nishatw Senior IL'ite

i am using ponds white beauty for more than 2 yrs now. Till now there's no problem to my facial skin. Best thing about it is that it gives glow to the face without any artificial effects. I heard that lakme daily wear souffle is also good.but have not tried it. If i dnt wear white beauty one day then my colleagues ask me why i look dull:-(
    so it has become unavoidable now:)

1 person likes this.
  6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. smilegals

smilegals New IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

I would definitely recommend Lakme Perfect Radiance out of these two.. if your skin type is oily.

I had tried Ponds White Beauty initially when it came to market. While using it, I felt that my skin did feel clean and it looked bright, but the effect was only for few hours. By evening (while leaving the office) again my skin used to look dull and oily.

Whereas with Lakme Perfect Radiance that was not the case. When u apply it, u can instantly feel that its light and gives bright effect which lasts really long.. which really surprised me because none of the creams I have used so far has lasted this long in a day. It makes me feel less oily untill I wash my face again at nite.

Also few marks in my face did fade away visibly, but I am not sure its coz of this cream alone or with the use of my facewash and the night cream.)

Ofcourse as we all know each product's effect vary from person to person based on their skin and overall environment.

Overall, Lakme Perfect Radiance day cream did suit my skin and I would say that you should give it a try.

Smile gals :)

1 person likes this.
  8. radhi4ru

radhi4ru Senior IL'ite

Hii :)!

Iam just started using Lakme Perfect Radiance past 2 months.It was good.i have a combination skin.I don't know whether it suits u perfectly ..since u have told tht urs is oily skin.But iam sure that it wont make ur skin too oily..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Thank you smilegals and radhi...
    i did try lakme perfect radiance but it dint suit my skin like ponds...but i recommended it to my friend who had dry skin and she said she and also her friends were easily able to spot the difference in her face in just 1-2 weeks...her face looks bright and she is using it daily...
    but one thing i liked is the mild smell of lakme perfect radiance... :)

10. smilegals

smilegals New IL'ite

oh fine.. Hope u get the suiting cream sooooooooon... :)

sometimes I wish we really had just two or three brands to select from.. With so many varieties of products these days, its so hard to even select which one to try and which one not to.. what u gals say..

U know i was now thinking to try Avon products.. my sister-in-law is using its day and night cream and is very much satisfied with it.

But i didnt think of trying the cream coz i felt it looked oily on me.. However, I did check out its other cosmetic products like shampoo, lipstick, loose powder etc.. and i found that they are very much cheaper when compared to other famous brands.. like artistry of amway.. (Avon is UK based company i guess)

I m currently trying to collect reviews on Avon's ANEW face products.. If anyone has any idea on that then please let me know..

Smilegals :)

1 person likes this.