1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Applique with KALAMKARI paintings

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by chitti67, Mar 22, 2009.

1. chitti67

chitti67 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Here i would like to share my applique work with kalamkari paintings. Im always get fascinated by this beautiful art of kalamkari paintings. so i bought the paitings from srikalahasthi, one i did for my daughter's kurthi some time back n posted the same in another thread.
    Its kanchi cotton saree. i did outline with blanket stitch n chain sttich with neem zari thread of the saree colour. n also i ahve used golden zari thread for some parts with chain sttich. very few devdas chamkis here n there. i wanted to highlight kalamkari only. so not much embroidery or embelishments . but im not happy about the pallu part it seems incomplete..
    totally 23 small peacocks for border n 2 big peacocks for pallu

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
    1 person likes this.

2. Kanchi

Kanchi New IL'ite

Hello Lakshmi Mam,
    So ....beautiful work.Another feather on your cap. It's really very nice.:bowdownKeep sharing mam.The color combination is really super.I have no words to say.Iam freezing.:thumbsup

3. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Once again a work with a difference. Very creative. Some points that I felt were, on the Pallu, the peacocks were not gelling with the sari. Maybe because the pallu has motifs already. Perhaps the peacock in the centre picture would have blended better on the pallu since it has more of the mustard and maroon colors in it. This is only my thoughts. I still appreciate your creativity. You rock always.

4. chasha

chasha New IL'ite

hai lakshmi mam,
    All ur works are amazing and stunning me.can u share the secret of alloting time for doing such wonderful work in between all the house activities.you are inspiring me more...keep on going with your creativity.Awaiting to see more of your creation.
    regards,
    chasha.

5. jsrivenkat

jsrivenkat Silver IL'ite

Hello Lakshmi,
    Brillian!.As you said[satisfaction missing] the 4 mangoes if highlighted with the colours used in the peacock will merge the pattern.Dont do anything unless you are sure about it.Its excellent work.

6. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

very pretty and elegant.....

7. dipa19

dipa19 Senior IL'ite

Hi

Even I am a great fan of Kalamkaris. They never fail to take my breath away and the same applies to your work. Exquisite!

Dipa

8. sujavimal

sujavimal New IL'ite

hi mam
    beautiful workk
    suja

9. meyyammai

meyyammai Gold IL'ite

hi lakshmi............as usual great this kalamkari painting wid applique is very pretty .........i think if u highlight the mangoes it might be good......:cheers

10. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Nice and beautiful work.I liked the border .As you said, I also feel some thing is missing in the pallu portion.I feel that if you had done it on a blue or pink or black saree it would have been still more beautiful.