sounds of alphabets

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by pavai, Aug 7, 2008.

1. pavai

pavai New IL'ite

Hi all!

As we all know in schools they teach alphabets to children in the beginning.When the children start to read words it becomes difficult for them to associate the individual sound of the alphabets and the way it sounds in words while we pronunce.so what i felt is if we teach them the individual actual sounds of alphabets so that it will help them even to read difficult words.So friends if you know any sites Computer Typing which will teach the sounds of alphabets and also has listening facility please post the links will be helpful for my kid to learn.I dont have that knowledge to teach my kid.Thats why seeking your help.

REGARDS,
    Pavai

2. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  3. chidambaripanyam

Dear Pavai

One more site for learning alphabets YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.. It is a video learning. Both Mother and kid participate in learning. I feel your kid likes it more as it is video learning.

4. chidambaripanyam

Dear Pavai

One more site where student learns from teacher . It is an audio and in both languages Hindi and English. Try this also. Kids need variety in learning.http:/ishare.rediff.com

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. revathyramesh

revathyramesh New IL'ite

hi pavai

i am revathy. u can get some dvd like letter factory from leapfrog.it is really good.my daughter she used to watch and listen to it.it helped me a lot .now she is 4 she started reading small books.

if you r in usa u will get these dvd in library.
    if you are in india.i think u will get these dvds in book shops like land mark.

some dvd names
    letter factory from leapfrog
    word factory from leap frog
    alphabets from rock n learn

these dvds will help u.
    and also u have spend some time like daily half an hour with her and watch the program.
    when you r cooking .ask ur kid to stick the magnet letters in fridge and say sound of the letters.
    that how i taught my daughter .
    i hope it will work for u too.

all the best

revathyramesh

1 person likes this.
  6. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Hey revathy
    I am shweta.My son turned 4 in this august.ie 5days before.I too have bought leapfrog dvds and i really found it very usfull he learned all his sounds frm it.Does the words factory dvd also works if i ask him to see that as he shows less interest in that.The math one is not usefull i think as in his school they dont ask to use the words like plus or min for counting....they say as taken off or addon...U have also mentined about ur daughter have learnt writing....can she write already or u meant to say something else.if yes how did u made her learn to write as it is making me mad to ask my son to practise writing his abc.Any ideas pl most welcome.I really need them.
    Thanks a lot
    025]hi pavai

i am revathy. u can get some dvd like letter factory from leapfrog.it is really good.my daughter she used to watch and listen to it.it helped me a lot .now she is 4 she started reading small books.

if you r in usa u will get these dvd in library.
    if you are in india.i think u will get these dvds in book shops like land mark.

some dvd names
    letter factory from leapfrog
    word factory from leap frog
    alphabets from rock n learn

these dvds will help u.
    and also u have spend some time like daily half an hour with her and watch the program.
    when you r cooking .ask ur kid to stick the magnet letters in fridge and say sound of the letters.
    that how i taught my daughter .
    i hope it will work for u too.

all the best

revathyramesh[/quote]

7. revathyramesh

revathyramesh New IL'ite

hi pavai

i have the same problem in writing too.but my husband brought her painting set.she is very intrested in painting so we made her to write alphabets using painting.u can cut one plain sheet in to four and ask him to paint a b c .slowly after 5 or six times. then tell him(your kid) if he write in paint u can not clean and write again if he any makes any mistake.
    after few days take one plain sheet put 2 vertical and 2 horizontal line.
    inside the square make him write the alphabets.after 2-3 weeks .reduce the size of he square slowly and ask him to write .

alway appreciate him always .whenever he write the alphabets.like ur intelligent than me u can do it .mommy can not do it.only my smart boy can do it like that.

i will ask my husband to give her grade after she finished her writing.
    now it become habit for my daughter to show her work always to her father and get grade.

make a chart and paste it on wall so ur son can reach.
    after getting grade from his father.give him
    some stickers ask him to select one sticker and make him to stick on the
    chart .

so get some attractive stickers of ur sons favourite.

remember always encourage him by saying good job,ur are smart boy.
    u can do it.

spend time with ur kid atleast half an hour .morning 10 - 10.30 or evening 5-5.30 .daily same time.your kid has to know it is reading time.

all the best

revathy