Education - Why I have inferiority complex

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by iyerviji, Dec 2, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

@Rihana, @Gauri03 and @vaidehi71 I am posting thread to tell you why I feel low about not becoming a Graduate. Thank you Rihana , Gauri and Vaidehi for boosting me up with your sweet message. Rihana dear anxiously waiting for a special University for me , so sweet of you, hugs to you dear. :)I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I know many are not born . Since we were not well off during my childhood I had the inferiority complex and never used to talk much. Get scared to talk , feel odd when among rich people. Since I studied in a Convent School , thanks to the aunty who got admission in the same school as in between when I was in 3rd standard my uncle lost his hotel with whom we were staying and we shifted to a different place and my father had to work in a canteen as acook making sweets, he was expert in making Jilebi. One year we were at home, our neighbour aunty put us in school again . In School there was no problem because everyone wore school dress , but on Saturdays we had to wear any dress and I used to feel I did not have much clothes to wear. Those days dresses were bought only for Diwali.

While studying I never used to learn the meaning of the subjects but I was good in byhearting so used to write the same whatever in the book. I was good in Maths so no byhearting and you cant byheart also. Being a Leo I had Leo qualities in me and want to be always the best and on the Top. In Hindi while writing essays I used to refer other books and write essays and my Hindi teacher was very satisfied with me and use dto tell me after Xth you go to College u will get scholarship. But I could not go to college because in our days parents used to feel for girls studying upto Xth is more than enough and then they want to get them married. I got a job as a Teacher , since I was very shy and had no patience of preparing notes etc I did not like the job though my students were very fond of me. I told my father I dont want to work as a Teacher. The Supervisor used to come to see how we teach but somehow I used to give something to write to the children so that Supervisor wont be able to see. Actually being very shy and nervous Teaching job was not good for me but after I left I used to give tuitions to my friend's relatives. When I had gone for her son's marriage by that time her niece and nephews whom I used to teach had grown up and had their own children and her nephew introduced to his son and told him this aunty only taught me and whatever I am teaching is taught by her. I felt so nice hearing this.

Through my brother I got a job as a Typist which I had learnt after Xth. In the first job I had to sit in front of the boss because there were very few people and on eroom only. I used to feel very nervous and any problems I used to ask my colleaugue. Then we shifted to Mumbai and in two days I got another job because of the recommendation of the boss in Hyderabad were I worked. First I joined as a Typist, then with the recommendation of my bosses was promoted as Steno and then as Senior Assistant. When others became officers I used to feel if I was aGraduate I would have got Officer post.

When I joined IL in the beginning I was not so good in writing. When I saw the posts of others that time also I used to feel if I had studied more I would have written more. Sometimes I dont understand some posts because of high English and I had to refer the dictionary for the meanings. When I dont get feedback from the great writers here I again feel its because of not being a Graduate. I know many are there who like my simple English an d appreciate too. I dont want to hurt anyone but I have experienced that some give feedbacks to others who are good writers but not to my feedback. They will see they had limited time. But I feel its because my writing is not good.

Sorry if I have written anything wrong . I am a person who cant keep anything in my heart, if I let out only I feel light in my heart. I hav enot written to hurt anyone , so please excuse me and moderators please delete this post if anything wrong

13 people like this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Oh my... Viji... You don't know what you and your posts mean to readers. Never go by the feedbacks or how fast they come.

I generally don't share some things in posts. Try to keep things light. Your posts fill one void in my life. A void so deep, I don't even sigh about it, as I fear the echo.

More tomorrow.

3. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Dear viji dadi ma,

You don't know how well you write! Your style is simple, clear and very heart touching.

Nowadays even after graduating or even after double graduation people don't get job (like me) and you had a good job in past when women were not even allowed to go out for studying.

There is no reason to have inferiority complex. You have accomplished many things. You are one confident young at heart lady who has learned how to use Internet. I don't know how many people at your age can use technology or can even accept new things.

Judging and criticizing our own self is only good to some extent after then no good. You are taking steps to improvise as you wrote, like when some difficult words come up you refer dictionary and You are a good writer!

2 people like this.
  4. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

Viji madam,

your writing is simple, heart touching. That's what most important. After all, language is needed only to communicate and not to show our prowess.

So, in communicating clear message to readers, you stand one of the top writers here.

Plus, you have got job as teacher in those days itself. Not many would have got that in those days.

Be happy and inspire many here as usual you do!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

You have a really nice way of narration and we all enjoy. Your experience in life and work has given those attributes which you are not aware of by yourself. We know it because we read it and able to understand it.

Well I too have same complex, but no one is superior in this world, from my perspective except the Almighty. Every single soul has something special to give and we need to understand them. There might difference in the way a person comprehends the situation or understands the writings but it does not in anyway belittle the person. They have a lot of other qualities or attributes. Education alone will not be enough for a person to attain glory in life. You know that knowledge is ocean, can we point to any soul who has grasped the entire ocean. Impossible right, not even a drop of it is being possessed by anyone.

Being humble is the most important quality anyone can possess and you have so many of such qualities and I really admire you with my whole heart. I always felt the same with my family members and elders I come across. I will never ever look down upon anyone for their education, status or financial status etc. If I do I am not fit to work in my profession and my mother and probably purvapuniya knowledge had prevented any such thoughts since young.

I will write about it later.
    So cheer up Mami, you have a lot of good characters and you have a dear Mama and kids and grand kids. Why do u think about the past, the past is what has moulded you into an excellent person. So you have to thank those problems. They have helped you to mature an admirable person.

Think positively,
    Vaidehi

6. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

In today's world, a college degree alone is not a guarantee for getting jobs...School and college education can give knowledge and degrees, but there there is so much more that we learn from our experiences in life..i.e the "school of life"..that way, you are rich in education and experience, Viji Madam:)

2 people like this.
  7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Aunty, you had a long successful career that you earned through your hard work, you raised a happy family, successful children, and even now you are learning and writing every single day! There is more life in your one day than most people manage in their lifetimes. You should be very very proud of yourself.

My grandmother is one of my biggest inspirations. My father was her youngest of 9 children and she had him very late in life. She was married very young, never went to school, yet she was one of the wisest and sharpest women I have ever met. After all her children had grown up and married, she felt the urge to learn to read and write. She had memorized the Ramayan as a little girl. She reverse engineered the Ramayan by associating her memory to the written word! That is how she taught herself to read.

She was very sick when I had my first child, but she was alert enough to tell me to not have any more kids, and that I should live my life for myself. This was a woman born in the last century! I come from a family with more degrees than people, but of all my relatives I am proudest of my grandmother and she never stepped into a school.

Great minds are not made by big words or fancy degrees. Wisdom is not the fiefdom of the educated. You are wise and we are lucky to be able to learn from you.

8. rohsiK

rohsiK Gold IL'ite

Experience varies directly with Education(Bookish//theoretical knowledge)......

1 person likes this.
  9. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

Graduate or no graduate Viji aunty..... you are Popular and loved by all of us..... so don't bother much about it......

But definitely, if you do want to get the degree....get it by all means!! Why not check some open universities and see if they would let you complete your degree....

4 people like this.
  10. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

good post madam. as i told u earlier also that u r expert and have wide knowledge. u have the urge to learn and grow and want to do everything in life. this no books will teach u this is inborn.
    but maam i really dont know why does like and comment keep much importance in ur life. if that would have been great thing we would have never come again in IL as hardly we gets like or comments to our work here gigglingsmiley
    this place is just to share and grow.
    and i really appreciate ur experience in ur life which is guidance to all of us.
    u r great maam and believe in urself....:thumbsup

2 people like this.