100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I often find myself obsessing over minutiae, worrying about trivial aspects of life that are out of my control. In my pursuit of perfection, I find myself losing perspective of what matters most, of the substance of life. I plan to use this thread to record one positive thought, event or feeling everyday. Something that reminds me to reflect on the good, and be grateful. I am making a 100 day commitment as a start, though I fully hope to keep at this as long as I can.

I've been mulling over starting this thread for a while now. Discussed it with a friend sometime back. Finally decided to take Nike's advice -- Just do it! Since the purpose of this exercise is to develop a positive outlook, I believe 'Personal Growth' is the right forum for this thread.

If you want to join me, I'd love the company. Just start recording your own positive thoughts day by day, and we'll stop and take stock in 100 days.

1xC2BYX.jpg

PS: This thread is for posting positive thoughts and recollections only. Please use the sticky Gabfest thread for feedback and encouragement. Comments and replies will be moved to Gabfest thread without additional notification. Thank you!

Aaradh, drdiva, Greenbay and 53 others like this.

2. Gauri03

Day 1: Called mom and talked about nothing important for an hour. Felt great!

SCA, priyasudheer, Sweth123 and 14 others like this.
  3. Lyraa

Lyraa New IL'ite

Day 1: When friends initiate anything , learn to cheer them no matter how crazy, silly, stoopid, bleak and impossible it may seem initially.

Gauri.jpg

4. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

Wonderful thread madam. Great to see such a post.

Many of us lost ourself to the core - for example, if we ask someone (either its a friend or anyone) about what they likes and loves - at least ten in number, most of us don't even know those ten things itself - they have to sit and think and then they would say.

But if we ask the same person about the problems he/she has, they would start immediately telling and speak non stop.

Life has to be - lived like a children. enjoying in simple pleasures and be grateful and happy about all we have. But This doesn't mean - they should forget problems and do nothing about it. And also doesn't mean we shouldnt aim for bigger things

All I say is, think more positive and be happy than the time we take to worry/think -ve thoughts/our problems.

All in all, yours is a good topic to go and great thing to follow. Thanks.

Wish you to complete 100 days successfully. :)

5. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

I have hardly seen such a personalized reply.

Wonderful thought's reflected in your drawing. Great. :)

And the care you took to reply personally by drawing personalized one is commendable. :)

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Started reading Jane Eyre again. Had been planning to for years/decades!

Some timeless books, even Wodehouse, acquire different meaning and draw a different reaction, and give a totally different pleasure, trigger off totally different chain of thought, when read at different points in life.

Right now each page is like a square of a saved, prized chocolate, waiting to be bitten off. More so, having gotten over the "Alas" of it being an e-page. :)

Thyagarajan, Lata6, Poetlatha and 5 others like this.
  7. Gauri03

Day 2: A personalized note from a friend a continent and an ocean away! It's good to know someone is rooting for you. :) Woke up at 6am, kicked hubby out of the house for his run, got a handle on chores, and it's only noon. Looking forward to an afternoon of solitary loitering at the mall. Husband will watch the babies. This is a good Sunday already!

8. Gauri03

Thank you! I agree! Better thoughts lead to better action leading to a better life. With the world around us determined to remind us of all that we don't have, sometimes it's a struggle to see all that we do. Grateful people are happier and live longer. That's no Deepak Chopra woo; It's science! :)

Thyagarajan, Giri12, sindmani and 2 others like this.
  9. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dont we all ...Sigh !
    Indeed where do we draw the line?
    Girl I need this thread more than ever. Will post my first +ve thought before EOD.

4 people like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Day 1. I have been hitting a wall with something at work. I have been unconsiciously
    putting it away even when I know I need to handle it sooner rather than later.
    So just wrapped up lunch ..left evening snack on the table ...Blew a kiss
    to hubby and kids and I am now driving into work to sit down for a few hours to tackle it. If I can stop focusing on the fact that I need to be at work on a bright and
    sunny sunday and enjoy the fact that I have such a supportive family which lets me do it I actually think I might be a lot more productive.