Pensée: E & G Chatter

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Oriana, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

There are three stickies in this forum and only handful of regulars but quite a handful they are. Why a companion thread? To keep the core threads clean and focused.

The conversation between Gauri and me usually runs as:

"Why do we perform these acrobats in 'E&G' forum"?
    "I don't know"
    "May be we should just give up and pretend to be occupied women with downhome problems in life"
    "After all we are ordinary women not scholars, occupied women not vagrants, pulling through saddle-back problems in life "
    "Yes look at us what are we even doing in this forum. We are not firebrands of knowledge, torches of intellect or anything so why don't we just give up"

There have been days in our lives just us both under a starry sky, firelit camp, red bull in FN thread wondering "What are we doing here?". Sometimes she pulls me and sometimes I pull her in this long Appalachian Trail of our echoes along the canyons. And then we realize that we do because we love doing what we do.

This thread is a booth to drop confessions, confusions or even simple conversations related to the main/sticky threads in E&G forum. Pour your reflections, advices, observations, tie-ins, post-its, or general chit-chat in this thread. You stumbled on something funny in real life related to a puzzle in FN, drop the anecdote here. You bumped on something loosely connected on the words discussed in EM, tack the experience here. You are still puzzled what are these bunch of bug-eyed members doing in LG, meet us here to be introduced to us.

Ta ..

1 person likes this.

2. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

(Copied over to correct thread)

Weekends are time for household chores and other mundane activities but my weekends are very different. I wake up to an epiphany or emotional tide that makes me do weird things

(tring tring)

"Dad"
    "Yes"
    "Do you remember the time my elbow dislocated, and you used to take me to physio everyday for a month at 7PM"
    "What happened, still having any pain?"
    "NO, NO, just thinking how boring it would have been for you sitting outside the physio waiting for the class to finish"
    "Don't remember much but why are you thinking now"
    "Just thinking — it is so boring, waiting, and ferrying every day after returning from work, did you have to skip work, did you have any shops to go around , any tea corner, how did you spend your time ..
    "Have you gone mad?"
    "—No, did I ever say that was so sweeet of you"
    "Are you OK, did something happen, tell me did something really happen, are you okay"
    "Uffooo.. just thinking .."

(tring tring)

"Heeya"
    "I'm boarding the flight, call you when I alight"
    "NO-O-O sunnaa"
    "You remember just before Christmas we went to this Lebanese restaurant"
    "What happened to that restaurant now? Can I call you after I atleast board the flight"
    "NO SHUT UP, you didn't smoke for straight 4 hours being a chain smoker —"
    "Meri matashree, did I do something wrong"
    "That was very sweet of you"
    "WHAT?"
    "Forget it! Go jump into your flight"
    "Will buzz you when I alight, sure will call you ta"

(text in 5 minutes: "You are simply crazy and stupid and idiotic and dangerous nevertheless the bezzie friends I have around why did you remember that dinner now)

So, you notice my weekends are very effusive with sentimental nostalgia that will overhaul Subodh from Dil Chahtha Hai. Gauri is used to my stagy tweets, "you know what", "you remember that" , and all kinds of aural garbage that would have damaged her ear by now. This morning I woke up to something similar. I've no clue who these laddies are. One I met in a smokey underground den of hackers and puzzlers, one I bumped as co-passenger in hijinks ride with lava cakes and fondues and one has the cutest kitty costume togged. Feels nice to know these people. Imagine if I had not joined IL , where would I've come across these screwballs. Our line of work, GPS location, pedigree, horoscope, vaccination rounds nothing coincidences. Should I tell them that here I'm sitting at my dining table, sipping fruit juice and thinking about them. Well, THLG thread is not just for solemn talk but one can dump memoires, reflections, any kind of muse. Forget it they will think that I'm mad.

2 people like this.
  3. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

(Copied over to correct thread)

If I've to express my day in sequence of songs:

Starts with @Gauri03 and I scrappy and lamenting what are we doing in this forum, why are we still in this forum, bade mushkil to sustain. Cannot be on IL anymore , I AM OUT, I AM JUST SO OUT, JETTISON, ABORT! (plucking my hair).

Just then @Laks09 comes along to cheer and uplift us. Why do you look so forlorn when I'm here to cheer your madcap initiatives. A new story, a new thread, a new initiative to back you, count on me, sarphira sa dil lo chala dhundne musibaton ka silsila

@justanothergirl: Uffo, cmon ladies, come on, you and your peeky faces. Cheer up a bright day and let's do something kuchh kariye nas nas khole, haay kuch kariye

@satchitananda: What have you seen, how much of the world have you experienced to give up so soon, to run away so quick continuing the chak de to new levels

@srama with her widest smile waving back hum jo chalane lage, chalane lage hain yeh raaste

And who can forget @shanvy looking at this group and humming yu hi chala chala kitni haseen yeh duniya

A virtual screen , started with a Mac screen and few strangers peeping out from that screen but today we forged a howling, crying, hugging, patchup, breakup, revenant constellation of ladies who have seen ups and downs on this forum, jumping off the cliffs to be caught by safety nets spread out by friends, spurts of waterworks to be mopped by tissues handed by friends, "I AM OUT" hotspur to be followed by "DRAG YOU BACK IN" collected retrace.

Thank you for being the full-bleed virtual portrait in my real life. Love you folks! If not for you folks, I don't think I'd have sustained for so long in this alien habitat.

5 people like this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What a great idea! A thread for diversions, digressions, deviations and deflections. We live for those!

5. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

And the kindergarten alter-egos are promoted from recurring characters to casting crew of their own channel.

6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

G (*pushing up her specs and stomping her feet):I don't want to go back to the library! I gave you correct answer and you give me half a point! You are soooooper khadoos!

7. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Ora (*still incanting, kissing her amulet, counting her beady bracelet) :

The field is clear. No bullies in the corridor! GO RUN, NOW, will keep the coast clear for the next 30 minutes. GO RUN TO THE LIBRARY!

Also please borrow the latest ACK from library for me on your card, please

My card already has 5 books on Borges from last year (still counting, still reading, still mamma says: beti we fixed your crooked teeth, next we need bionic eyes the way you swot on these books trying to grasp beyond your ability)

8. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

Few puzzles have lingered beyond their buzzer time.

We did a puzzle on Pilgrim's progress followed by Rake's progress, since then I've come across a lot of -progress parodies. The latest being Private's Progress series I watched few months back

Plot

As World War II settles over England, university student Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) receives his call-up. During training, Windrush is plunged into a thoroughly unfamiliar world, with his leading officer, Maj. Hitchcock, more apt to be found in a pub than on the base. There's also Pvt. Percy Fox (Richard Attenborough), a cunning working-class type always on the make, and the cold and crafty Bertram Tracepurcel (Dennis Price). All are being trained for an unusual mission inside Germany.

Initial release: July 23, 1956 (USA)
    Directors: Roy Boulting, John Boulting
    Film series: Private's Progress Film Series
    Screenplay: Frank Harvey, John Boulting

"Flower Duet" from Léo Delibes' opera Lakmé pops up now and then. Recently I was jolted when I read 'Fate of a Joke in Lebanon'

We did a puzzle on Ecce Homo! Yoo-hoo!

1 person likes this.
  9. Oriana

Oriana New IL'ite

G (*shooting daggers from her fiery eyes): Stoopid puzzle, simply stoopid puzzle you posted Answer to Double Check Puzzle

A day wasted in library with assignments pending. One more of your styoopid puzzle and I'll kick you out of the club (storms out at a flummoxed Oriana)

10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

hi Oriana, this is surekha i always follow your threads, but i swear i never understood one. may be your English is too high that i can't reach you.

I read each and every thread atleast 2 or 3 times. Though i can get the whole meaning of it I can't get atleast 90% of the words meanings in detail. maybe this is keeping all the others away from your threads. I can't say about others but for me yes.

This is my first confession to you.

yellowmango likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.