Feed your 'self-power'

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Sparkle, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ilites!

I am posting this thread to with the intention of creating at least 10 minutes of 'me-time' (i.e. time for yourself).

These are the rules:
    1. The activity should be out of your routine
    2. The activity should be completed on the same day (time can vary according to what you picked, can be done in chunks of time also)
    3. You cannot multi-task during this activity (No watching TV, no listening to music or anything that usually distracts you. Being mindful of what you are doing is important)
    4. The activity should give you (and others around you) a positive outcome and lift your mood up

Try this out and post in few lines about what you did and how it benefited you.

Regards,
    Sparkle.

5 people like this.

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Organized loose change lying around the house in tiny boxes. Did not multi task, this is out of my daily routine and I feel good.

sindmani, dsmenon and guesshoo like this.
  3. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Cleaned up all the clutter from the top of the fridge. Looks very clean, helps everyone at home to reach out for their favorite things. Yes, made me feel good.

sindmani, dsmenon and guesshoo like this.
  4. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Took up cleaning all the washbasins and organizing all the shelves from above them. Physically feeling tried, but my mood is high.

sindmani and dsmenon like this.
  5. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

How does it relates to this forum ?
    Looks like a game task or something.
    Mods can Move this thread to the appropriate forum.

6. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@littl: Its not a game task. Its intended to make a person create self power by avoiding distractions and being mindful of what they are doing. More like personality development.
    BTW, there is no specific category for personality development as far I searched. Hence posted the thread here. (Regardless of marital status or any other role they play, a person can choose to be themselves for a few minutes of a day and be 'single')

sindmani likes this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

How come cleaning Fridge equates to me time? For me, it is part of my routine. I clean it every Sundays as the new things comes in.

To answer your Qn, within my understanding.... I did nail painting last night. It took me more than 20 mins - just the hands, and legs need to be done tonight- depending on my little one's sleeping time :)

I am planning to do a little pedicure this evening - not more than 20-30 min task. Would soak the legs in warm water for 10 min, and then scrub with a tool. Finally apply some gel/cream before the nail art.

Also, as a routine, but also for my own happiness and the happiness of the family, I will drive everyone (except H as he will come home late) to the near by church in the eve today. Will pray, meet with peers and also have some spiritual time.

Recently, I have started my home veg garden... Perhaps tomorrow I will have to sit with the tiny trees to see what kind of support should they require from me. So that I can call upon a gardener during weekend.

dsmenon likes this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@SGBV:
    I don't clean the stuff on top of my fridge regularly. So I chose to do it out of my routine. I guess this differs from person to person.

@SGBV:
    Wow, nail art, I cannot even cut my nails in proper shape yet!! Great to hear you have so many activities for me-time.
    Today I am planning to memorize the lyrics of my LO's (and mine too) favorite song. I usually play the song from my mobile/laptop, but will learn the lyrics by-heart today. I also chose this because I used to sing when I was little and completely stopped it now. Plus will help me when I want to sing for my toddler!!

sindmani and SGBV like this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Singing... You got me discover a new thing today :)

You know what... I used to be a good singer during my primary School days. I was respected, and loved by many for this singing skills. During those days, the church invites me to sing "cinema' songs during the farewell of the priests in an unofficial gatherings only to hear my sweet childhood voice.

I remember my neighbors take me to their home and make me stand on the table to give a stage performance. But never once my singing talent was taken above this level.

Now that, I never learnt professional singing... Just a bathroom singer only. My inner singing talent would just pop up every now and then, whenever these reality TV shows are on its peak. After reading your post, I am also gonna listen to some of my fav songs, and memorize them to explore the singing world at least within my house. Ha ha

1 person likes this.
  10. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear @sparkle - This looks like an interesting thread. To make it more visible to others, we have moved it to General Discussions under Lifestyle. Thank you.

1 person likes this.