Do you like/want to read daily...

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by chillbreeze, Dec 3, 2014.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

From childhood, books have been my best friends. However, of late I feel I am getting too busy with everything else and forget reading. Anyone who likes to read daily but need motivation, please join with me.

You can share the name of the book or the subject you are reading if you like, otherwise its ok not to share the details. We can also share/discuss what we learnt. Right now, I am focusing on spirtual or self-help books. Will start reading from tomorrow and update here.

2 people like this.

2. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Moving on to some serious reading CB? (The chick lit authors will miss you.)

Great idea, a thread to motivate reading.. Good luck :2thumbsup:

2 people like this.
  3. seekingbless

seekingbless Platinum IL'ite

i used to read daily at nite before sleepimg. but ever since i had kids, i fall asleep the moment i hit my bed. or if im awake to read, my kids will be disturbing me.

i have read all sidney sheldon books, some vc andrews, nora roberts, (one more author i cant recall). my favorite will be sophie kinsella.
    more update tomm on the current books that im reading. chow

1 person likes this.
  4. joel123

joel123 Gold IL'ite

Iam reading Nelson Mandela's biography right now

2 people like this.
  5. deepthiraj

deepthiraj Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cb,
    Books are my best friends:)In a week ill read more than 4 r 5 books....
    But i read only Tamil books...Is that okay for you to update?

2 people like this.
  6. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I too like to read but, i prefer tamil language

1 person likes this.
  7. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

I like reading too cb .

Reading autobiography of a yogi and about to finish journey of souls by Michael Newton .

1 person likes this.
  8. chillbreeze

Priya, I am not moving away from chicklits. I need a daily dose of fun atleast for few minutes. Books have helped me a lot in past to change my outlook and make me a better person when I was kind of stuck in personal life. Hence want to continue reading good stuff to maintain a positive attitude and enhance my knowledge.

Another reason for this thread is, there are so many readers in IL who read wonderful books on various subjects such as parenting, philosophy, literature, health and so on. My reading has been pretty limited to fiction and some poems may be and I wanted to expand my horizon. Getting to know what others read and what they think about it, how it helped them would help me and everyone here. Hope you join us here.

2 people like this.
  9. chillbreeze

Hi SB, good to see you here. I too used to read daily before bed time. But now by the time I finish my dinner and cleaning, I just want to sleep. Hence this thread.

Sidney Sheldon was one my favorite authors during school and college days and I like Rage of Angels the most. What I like in his books is the determination and attitude of the heroine to succeed even though all odds are against her. Ofcourse they have their own faults, but who doesn't.

I like Sophie Kinsella too. Did you read the latest shopaholic book-Shopaholic to the Stars. If you like Kinsella, you should try Meg Cabot too. Her books are also good. Please do share the names of Nora Roberts books you read. I want to start on one of her books next but don't know which one to select.

1 person likes this.
  10. chillbreeze

Joel, you are reading a great book I think. I haven't read it but I admire Nelson Mandela and I am sure that book is inspiring. Please share any inspirational quotes or passages from the book when you read.

1 person likes this.